Velodrome in Downtown Chicago? or, Get me into Track Racing.

You might want to look at what I actually wrote before bugging the fuck out over nothing.

I can see suburban people getting freaked out…and not wanting to take their precious artifact child to the facility to train for the 2032 olympics. I hear ya.

if it’s right off the lakefront i doubt anyone will think twice.

LFP ends at 71st. steel mill is at 87th, I think.

the hope is that this will spur the city to extend it further to the facility, but with the city/county/state budget problems I wouldnt hold my breath on that one unless there is federal stimulus money available or private funding/grants…kinda like the bridge thing going up over that annoying part near navy pier.

it would be rad if it was done before I get up there

8 fucking 7th street.
THATS TOO FAR DOWN

…not as far as northbrook or kenosha.

if it happens i’m sure you can take the bus down. no idea what street hits the lakefront at 71st, but i stretch at the bus stop everytime i hit it.

This sounds pretty awesome, and could make trips back to Il that much more exciting. That is a hell of a ways south, but I’m sure it’s doable. lolz at “The Velodrome for downtown Chicago…” They even trailed off as they realized where downtown Chicago was compared to their locale.

there are still white people in people in chicago?

[quote=spaghetti]8 fucking 7th street.
THATS TOO FAR DOWN[/quote]
when I go, I’ll probably drive, so you and Rudy can hitch a ride, and I guess Joe too

^ :bear:

might have to trade in the tarck bike for an actual track bike now too

we all know none of us are going to use it
chicagotarck is way too fred

just what i was thinking
cat 9 racing
hairy legs and beer guts or gtfo

if they build the ‘bmx park’ i will be there.

[quote=spaghetti]we all know none of us are going to use it
chicagotarck is way too fred[/quote]
doesn’t mean I won’t go ride in it :colbert:

you have panasonic. you don’t have a choice

this is true…

[quote=mr. trout]
cat 9 racing
hairy legs and beer guts or gtfo[/quote]

I have both of those