Volume Cutter

is one dope ass cr-mo frame, I mean come on they made bmx bikes since 99 this things gotta be a tank

http://www.volumebikes.com/id-cutter.html

components ar3 shit

volume’s had a track frame for a while now.

on a side now, volume has a killer team

I just watched Breaking Away again last night. Truly a classic. They ran the little indy on single speeds with coaster brakes. I’d like this bike better like that.

I don’t like the look of the fork and the integrated headset.

It’s pretty gross.

I don’t like anything about that bike.
Least of all the BMX pedals. What the fuck is up with that?

It’s pretty gross.[/quote]

It’s not nearly as bad as those " inspired by Urban Outfitters" graphics.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]I don’t like anything about that bike.
Least of all the BMX pedals. What the fuck is up with that?[/quote]
This bike is for tarckin’ and nothing else. BMXers probably don’t have a problem with the platform pedals because so many of them already ride without brakes or foot retention. And a freewheel. I see guys riding brakeless BMX bikes all over Santa Cruz, so why should they be scared of a brakeless fixed gear?

So that thing is just a tall, skinny BMX?

that thing is butt ugly.
so is FBM sword, the other tarck frame made by a bmx company. I see a pattern here…

So wait, it’s drilled for a rear brake but not a front? Bar Spinzzzzzzzzzzzz!

When Haro makes a tarck frame I quit life.

Typical straight edger. Quitting again :colbert:

I keed, I keed!

Eh. Not so great.

nice aesthetic. but i wouldn’t spend my money on one.

[quote=“pirate”]that thing is butt ugly.
so is FBM sword, the other tarck frame made by a bmx company. I see a pattern here…[/quote]

dont forget the ever so poopular SE…

Integrated headsets. What.

To some people. To the rest of us, it’s just an ugly bike.

Thaaaaaaat’s the bike. A shop back home got a couple of these in, and I’ve been trying to remember for weeks what they were, ever since someone mentioned BMX companies building tarck bikes. Anyway it sucks. The shop was trying to get like $800 for them, and made it sound like that was barely a markup.

I think it’s cool that BMX companies are making some basic fixed gear bikes (not calling them track bikes). Even though the SE Draft has the crappiest components of any of these, I really appreciate that they made the investment to offer a simple, inexpensive bike that would only appeal to very few people. I do have an issue with the Cutter because it doesn’t come with a brake mount or a drillable crown, but it’s still another off the peg that someone will enjoy.

$800 is pretty ridiculous for that component spec though. I hope it’s more like $400.

edit - Looked at Volume’s home page. The Cutter does have a hole for the front brake, and the MSRP on the frameset is $350. I’m assuming you could probably pick it up from a shop for around $300 (assuming your LBS knocks a little off the top like mine always do). Not too bad.