Wanted: 20" disc dynamo wheel

If you have one of these laying around, maybe I want to buy it? It’s going on a cargo bike, so lots of spokes + strong rim is needed.

If you just have a spare dynamo with 36h and ideally centrelock rotor attachment, I’d love to hear about that, too.

Could you get by with 32h and 6-bolt disc? I’m selling my SRAM D7 hub for cheap.

I’m interested, but I’m going to hold out for a bit to see if any of the forum’s many high-level bike weirdos have a full wheel sitting around. Apparently Yuba is not selling the upcoming batch of Supermarches with a dyno light option, hence my casting about for one.

1 Like

In case you don’t find anything Bullitt Dealers generally sell those too (prob Clevercycles in USA)

Thanks, yeah, this is going on a Yuba Supermarche. A Bullitt was my first choice, but after talking to Larry Vs Harry, it sounded as if they really didn’t want to sell me one on account of my being a million feet tall.
Yuba seems to have a casual approach to component spec, the coming batch of Supermarches isn’t shipping with a dyno hub option, but my local cargo bike guy has a line on 20" dyno wheels (probably from the same distro as Clevercycles).
This stuff is all still so niche in the US that it’s not really an industry, it’s just a couple of dudes who import stuff. In other dyno acquisition situations it’s come down to “okay we don’t have that, I guess you can call Peter White and get one, or I can make the call for you”.

20" is the exception to the rule, good rims in 32h are hard to come by

BMX is almost all 36h, with some 28h “front” rims for racing

I hope this is for a sundeal build.

nope, cargo build. Need a well-lit bike for hauling my kid to school through the long, dark, brutal month of midatlantic winter

I have a 36h dynamo hum that I bought by accident that you can have cheap.

what kind? Are you looking to sell it now?

Shimano Alfine.
Black.
Centerlock.
I’ll sell it whenever man. No rush, it’s been sitting in my desk drawer at work for years. NIB