Weird old Nitto/other brand drop bars.

I don’t have any pics so I’ll describe them best I can. A friend of mine has had them on his bike for about 20 years almost and when he got them he said they we’re already pretty old. He said hey might be nitto, but isn’t sure.

This is my description, bare with me. I tried drawing but I kept failing;

Short “straight section”, enough room for two hands and the stem.
After this straight section they swoop forward at about a 35* angle and down slightly.
After that there is the curve of the drop, which is pretty small.

They kind of resemble some of the 80’s/early 90’s pursuit bar setups, but flipped around and given more curve to make a drop section.

Anyone know/seen what I’m talking about? Or know if something like it is still made?

I just think they look pretty cool, I’m not sure what the comfort level would be but the fact that they swoop forward would make an extra position.

I know it’s not these, but am I close?

Fuck, Jim, you rock!

Those are them. My friends rides hands clamped to the stem so my perception of the straight part was off. But those are definitely them.

Now where can I get them? Haha. That was a quick reply, tarck is about the quickness.

I can’t remember the name. I thought they were called Nitto Criterium bars, but I think I’m wrong. The file name on that first picture calls them Nitto Aerobars, but I think that’s wrong too.

Nitto ADB-X. Walrus has some that he is going to sell me. Right, Walrus?

i thought walrus sold them

It would be so goddamn uncomfortable to ride the flats on those bars.
What is your friend thinking?

He rides with his thumbs out im sure.

Also… I have ALL the photos of EVERYTHING, EVER.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]It would be so goddamn uncomfortable to ride the flats on those bars.
What is your friend thinking?[/quote]

I don’t think you’re supposed to hold onto the tops too long - they’re track bars.

I’m not sure how he does it either, to be honest. But he’s been using them since '93 or something like that so I guess he’s used to em.

I have an old set of these too, not Nittos. They don’t seem to really be in fashion anymore. Would they just be called drops with extra forward extension or do they have a name that someone knows of?

nope, walrus still has them. i don’t really know why, either. they’re just so damn cool.

i rode on them for 10 miles once, and it sucked. it started raining half way through and since i couldn’t tape the top section and cover up the neato stickers, i was pretty dicked. I’ll keep them around for when/if i start actually going on the track. or maybe i’ll get rid of them one of these days.

[quote=“artblur”]Also… I have ALL the photos of EVERYTHING, EVER.

[/quote]

OK, so what is that stem. WANT.

[quote=“kemmer”][quote=“artblur”]Also… I have ALL the photos of EVERYTHING, EVER.

[/quote]

OK, so what is that stem. WANT.[/quote]

They call 'em Krystal Blu, like the stripper.

Eh, that show was pretty boring for being based around a war.

My friend and said bars.

He steals food from Chinese delivery guys.

For a living?

He wears funny pants.