western NY cru

When’s the last time you were downtown? The city is actually going through a really nice period of revitalization. Terry Pegula (owner of Buff Bills and Sabres) has pumped a TON of money into the city.

Canalside, right on the Lake Erie waterfront is really nice. Free concerts all summer, pond hockey tourneys, events literally every day. So many great new restaurants, growing music/art scene, etc etc. Slow-Roll gets something like 1500 riders every week. Nice road race/CX scene, great regional MTB trails, solid IBDs, blah blah blah.

I hated Buffalo, when I moved here, but had a free place to stay, so stuck around. Then I met my now-wife, and, well… 16 years later, I actually kinda like the place.

oh i actually really like buffalo, i just don’t like inlaw crap. i’m there every few months. canalside is awesome. i hope they move the bills downtown!

Haha, fair enough!

you guys going to grand island cx on sunday?

not sure if i will. i really want to, but i feel like i’d be missing an opportunity to train for the races i’m targeting.

Sadly, no, I’ve got family obligations to attend to

i gotta go to vermont.

hey NYC
do you have any vegan restaurant recommendations? buddy is now at 8 days of hummus

Yeah, my mom said the same thing when I was visiting my parents in Elmira last weekend.
Seemed like it was a veiled attempt to get me to move back to the east coast, closer to my birthplace, without sacrificing the benefits of living in a city.

Yeah, I mean, it’s WAY better than even 2-3 years ago, and only getting better (unless you’re an NFL fan)

That said. I still wouldn’t move here. Only reason I’m here is my wief. But, whatev. The riding is pretty rad

I’m gonna be in Syracuse sept 29-2, but I guess that isn’t western NY anymore.
Blerg, coz kinda want to ride around y’all sometime. Will look into other non-cross weekends.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]hey NYC
do you have any vegan restaurant recommendations? buddy is now at 8 days of hummus[/quote]

in portland thread
hey SF
do you have any vegan restaurant recommendations?

[quote=lwkwafi]I’m gonna be in Syracuse sept 29-2, but I guess that isn’t western NY anymore.
Blerg, coz kinda want to ride around y’all sometime. Will look into other non-cross weekends.[/quote]

go mtb at shindagin state forest! it’s an hour and a quarter from cuse! you will love it.

And/or check out Highland Forest. Great trails, but bring a map, can be a bit tricky to find. Watch out for the wood bridges if it’s wet…

[quote=fix][quote=NOVELTYNAME]hey NYC
do you have any vegan restaurant recommendations? buddy is now at 8 days of hummus[/quote]

in portland thread
hey SF
do you have any vegan restaurant recommendations?[/quote]
wheres the NYC thread?

about five hours southeast of here?

just kidding. i really don’t even know if we have a nyc thread.

:colbert:

ps SF is 9hrs

Mig, he wins this round.

Whatever it’s the Internet nobody wins