What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Not my bike, but @LASER_BEIGE’s latest unholy creation. Now that my repeatedly shattered shoulder is back to semi-functional, I finally got around to taping the handlebars and taking it out for some more-than-just-around-the-block test rides.

Taken from a distance so you can’t see the horrible di2 wiring or that the t-a front wheel is not actually mounted on a t-a fork.

15 Likes

Not my bike but volunteering for the bike Co-op at the library. My thumbs hurt from working on shitty department store bikes but it was worth it.

3 Likes

is that… 650b?

Bmx race today and mtb ride yesterday. When you’re not wearing special clothes it’s hard to track how much exercise you do

2 Likes

Of course. Mig’s gonna put 700c wheels under it, but I don’t have any 700c t-a wheels yet, so I’m playing with the hand I’ve already got up my sleeve.

rusty stack incoming!

woodworking vise is not great at acting as a bike stand but it did it’s job

12 Likes

Lowered my saddle ~1mm this morning and rode to and from work. Felt much nicer!

Oh no

6 Likes

Cut the bars down to 30". Retensioned the new rear wheel. new cores and unclogged valves, one wheel didn’t lose any pressure after I removed the core. Cleaned up the di2 wiring. Still need to fine time the di2.

It’s annoying doing this much and the bike looking the same.

Also pink spacers and spd pedals for a race this Saturday.

1 Like

Same bars, co-op bin stem + bento box, front v-brake for now, temporary milk crate. I gotta get a big ant right??

I have a stashed 26” powerblock I should prob put on the rear, and also prob take off the rear fender bc California

11 Likes

yes. get the big ant. don’t ask me, ask pasta papo

2 Likes

This sizeway?

1 Like

large would be ill advised on a clydesdale fork ATMO

Big Ant IP543630G Heavy-Duty Medium Collapsible Smart Crate medium is p big at 13 gal (approx 50L)

2 Likes

Purchased a big ant crate from that rv upgrades store and was pleased.

3 Likes

Clydefork novice here , why is the big ant the desireable crate?

Atmo, it’s big enough to hold two grocery bags and it can be folded flat for larger things. I’ve enjoyed the one I’ve had on the Lorry for two years now.

If you don’t care about folding then there might be better options.

Edit: talking about the medium sizeway here.

big enough to hold lots of stuff, folds flat for large package portage, really sturdy and durable. i use mine as a tt position if riding into a big headwind. going on 5 years with no problems. also you can thread voile straps through the holes and they’ll stay put, so that’s handy, though diagonal so i haven’t really dialed it in yet

Maybe the dumbest thing I’ve ever done on the bike was trying to TT on my Lorry’s crate. Was about 45 degrees to the ground when I remembered it’s attached to the frame not the fork.

16 Likes

oh my god i just started audibly laughing during a meeting

3 Likes

Fast gravel is fun

Need to remember to bring clear glasses for riding at night. Bugs are bad.

New headset on the road bike. Top bearing was done on old one. Plus it’s black and matches the bike better.

1 Like

Did an mtb race. Long steady climbs aren’t my thing.

3 Likes