What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Grab that front fender in front of the fork and spread the edges away from one another a little bit.

1 Like

Spent this weekend cleaning this thing up. It was looking pretty thrashed, I figured a wash and some chemical assistance would get it to where I was happy with it, but it really only got me like 80% there. The frame protection tape was pretty thrashed in areas so it came off and that helped, but the boredom induced by waiting for parts + a stroll to the auto parts store meant a little scratch removal kit came in to the picture and it really made a difference. My coworker has definitely put this thing through it’s paces but it’s looking a lot better than < $bong price I payed for the thing. New frame protector is on the way and I think this things gonna come together nicely!

9 Likes

on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, i finally sorry of broke this fender. i think it’s 10 years old now. it was held together with CA glue and a donor bracket. i think i talked about trying to friction stir weld it but opted to just butt joint plus surface area on top. THE BUTT JOINT SURVIVED

“wear” marks on the bracket were clearancing for the prior bike.

anyhow it’s epoxy time. currently sitting “clamped” up

5 Likes

in more news, i made an innertube

8 Likes

I’ve been udderly MooPilled :cowboy_hat_face: :cow:

22 Likes

Rip Fred’s Holstein

8 Likes

it took an unbelievable amount of will power to not order a set of bags in holstein that i already own
glad someone did it and it looks great

2 Likes

I fit a frame bag that doesn’t look nearly as good as that one. Also swapped out some boring black and gray bags for more colorful marigold and teal stuff because the all black/gray theme on the winter ruiner was getting old.

I’m beyond lucky that my pink and silver bikes fit off-the-shelf OS frame bags so well.

9 Likes

Love it

1 Like

removed drivetrain, brakes, and fenders from the All-City today. lots of cleaning and polishing in store for the weekend, and then most everything will be moved over to a Crust frame I’ve been sitting on for like…six months already.

thankfully not many surprises as everything came apart. found a fair bit of corrosion on the BB cartridge and a mangled copper washer popped out from somewhere in the RD shift lever stack.

I’m not even sure where it belongs as Shimano didn’t include it in the EV diagram. hopefully the lever functions well enough without it :colbert:

3 Likes

I seem to have fixed the slipping seatpost and creaking collar problems on the winter ruiner by using a torque wrench to tighten the collar and a little assembly paste on the post. Yay me I guess.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Started putting winter tires on the winter ruiner and discovered a broken spoke on the rear. No replacements in my stash are long enough (HY to Stans for publishing spoke lengths), so this appears to be the motivation to finish building the rear wheel of a set I’ve had parts for since April '21, laced up in Jan '22, and have basically sat untouched since.

went through 12 years of my photos to try and get shots of every bike I’ve owned at every major stage of their lives, all organized like

26 Likes

I’ve been meaning to do this but first I gotta figure out howto log on to flickr because I have no idea where my hard drive is.

1 Like

Actually finished the new rear wheel and somehow managed to get it tensioned up better than most any other rear I’ve built so far. The DS ended up around 1100 N +/- 52 according to the Wheel Fanatyk tool. Wheel builds are infrequent enough that I usually re-read some docs/books first, but decided to tension on vibes this time and it seemed to work out great. Left all the tools out to finish tensioning the matching front and replace the broken spoke on the other rear when it shows up. Taped the rim and installed the winter tire.

All that to end up not riding today (maybe the entire week) because my knee is still feeling a little weird and crappy air quality. Also remembered this morning that I had a spare rear wheel and didn’t have to bother with any of that, lol.

3 Likes

I put fenders on and it sucked. I’m really pushing the clearance limits with 2.1" tires.

2 Likes

Modified some rockbros.

14 Likes

Eww handle bar mirror. I didn’t think we allowed those.