What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Gonna need a bear suit

Fresh EvoMax bars, with a little flare and sweep. Added a stem cap computer mount and junction box mount to clean up the front end and show off the sweeeeet Rock Lobster stem a bit more.

15 Likes

It’s kind of unfair how awesome this bike is.

3 Likes

yeah it kinda bums me out tbh. hopefully i’ll feel better when i get the endpoint built up again

3 Likes

I’m more jealous of the nice warm sunlight flowing through that window ATMO

5 Likes

I finally put a front basket on my piece of shit winter bike

still no spike tires, no falls, no real close calls. YOLO / FUCKWINTER

maybe the fact that the brakes basically barely work on it is helpful. It is impossible to lock up either wheel on dry pavement, so I’m always gently feathering the brakes on frozen water surfaces

8 Likes

Even had the windows open most of the day!

I’m glad you’ve seen the light.

1 Like

NOSP IKES

In b4 someone with less winter experience well actuallys

1 Like

You don’t get that bacon sizzle sound without spikes tho

1 Like

Been using the dj more. Need to get back into riding shape again, felt really hard to move around. That could be from riding the street trials.

Decided it’s not with messing with the univega road bike and it’s headset that never stays right, i think it’s time has come. Going to be riding the og klein road bike I bought but didn’t want to ride for some reason.

3 Likes

Recabled and finally fixed the sub-par shifting with some friction thumbies
Took the fenders off because it never rains when they say it’s going to rain and woke up this morning to rain

1 Like

Well actually they come in clutch when riding through ice.

Back to back with some RH supple boys, I’d rather haul the spikes around for the 10% of my ride where I need them.

1 Like

Acquired AXS GX kit and ordered a NX cassette and black chain for my ebike.

Right. Because that makes sense.

1 Like

what I’m about to do to my bikes today: just got my teeny bottle of SP41 grease, so I’m going to make my shifting so smooth that it will be, in the words of a very marijuana addled mechanic I used to work with “like, y’know, …thought-shifting”

5 Likes

After it sitting in my bin for months (partially because I was half expecting them to get recalled, half because I’m forever preoccupied) I finally installed some Whisky Spano bars on the Night Moves and used some of the little Sram gel bar shaper things at the hoods.

Rode home.

Feels good man.

5 Likes

It got all icy so I dusted off my winter fixie. Refreshed the sealant, oiled the chain and rode it a bunch. I like the thing a lot! I’d forgotten how much fun it is to ride fixed!

8 Likes

Those Spanos look good, I’ve been thinking about something like that for the road bike. A bud got the S Hoverbars for their similar wide flared drops/narrow vertical hoods combo but I just can’t stomach a riser drop bar.

1 Like

The vertical hoods was a must for me. I can’t get down with a lot of flare. These are the 42s and the hood position is ideal for me.

I need to spend a little more time in them to decide if I like the width in the drops, but so far so good.

1 Like

Got mine!!

1 Like