What is your top speed and gearing?

just became curious about this for some reason.

i can only top out at about 32mph and im running 42/13

anything above that and things start to feel unsafe, to the point where i wish i could coast.

37.7mph

36/14
(69.6 GI)

[quote=“04jtb”]37.7mph

36/14
(69.6 GI)[/quote]

Is this measured at the velodrome or something? All I’ve got is a radar speed detector thing on my commute. I’ve gotten it to flash “29” for me a couple of times, but usually there are a bunch of cars pluggin’ up the works. So it goes.

I run 49x17.

i run 48/17… i topped out at 38 … going downhill on a bridge and pedaling so fast that my legs feel like they’re going to rip off.
but, under my own power i top off at about 31-32 but i can’t maintain that pace for too long.

[quote=“Elderberry”][quote=“04jtb”]37.7mph

36/14
(69.6 GI)[/quote]

Is this measured at the velodrome or something? All I’ve got is a radar speed detector thing on my commute. I’ve gotten it to flash “29” for me a couple of times, but usually there are a bunch of cars pluggin’ up the works. So it goes.

I run 49x17.[/quote]

bike computer and a lot of spinning and a huge hill

have hit 30 on the flat in same gear

thats some insane spinning mr. 70gi

and yeah… .i got a speedo too.

48/17 and about 38-39 down a huge hill. My max speed on a normal day (slight headwind or tailwind) is around 31, and I can keep it up for about a mile and a half on relatively flat roads.

wow youre all making me feel weak.

my bike is heavy hi-ten steel and my chainline is a bit off but those arent excuses for being slow.

http://software.bareknucklebrigade.com/rabbit.applet.html

Or honest.

[quote=“04jtb”][quote=“Elderberry”][quote=“04jtb”]37.7mph

36/14
(69.6 GI)[/quote]

I run 49x17.[/quote]

bike computer and a lot of spinning and a huge hill

have hit 30 on the flat in same gear[/quote]

That works out to be around 190rpm. That is faster than my legs will go.

i can’t keep a high cadence very long at all…and by high i mean like upwards of 100.
my ideal cadence is around 60-70 so i cruise about 16 or so miles an hour with my 48/16 ratio.
i don’t have any real desire or need to go “37.7mph” on a bike.
i don’t ride at the velodrome. i manily just cruise around town and ride the paved lake trails.
i just like to ride, man.
that’s it and that’s all.

i hit 36.2 on my road bike before i crashed it. no idea what i hit on the fixed gear, but i’m running 78gi. maybe 30 or so if i’m really gunnin?

81 gear inches…
35.5 on flat road
42.5 going downhill

no idea exacts… but I do a lot of passing cars.

and cars like to speed.

46/16.

44/17 or 44/15
I dont know for sure, but I would guess somewhere about 30 ish when I’m really moving.

42x16.
I’ve broke 30mph maybe twice and it was scary as hell.
27 is about the most I’m comfortable with, but my cruising speed is right around 16mph over longer distances.

Fastest speed I know that I’ve hit was 40mph on a downhill on my main road bike.

on my tarck, maybe ~25. (42X15)

On my geared, I hit 45 (52X12)
here. It was scary as hell.

the answer to both? one thousand