Who do I have to blow to not get a shredded tire every 300 miles.

I haven’t had a flat all year.

Damn son.

I got a flat on my gatorskin and I immediately felt like the Universe was treating me unfairly and had fucked me over for having to ride these stupid tires and still ending up with a flat.

Randos are a bit less like concrete and a lot cheaper than some of the fancier tires and really are completely unflattable. I have 3000 miles on a pair that have only flatted once, when a valve stem cracked, and probably have another couple of thousand miles in them.[/quote]
But Marathons actually ride pretty well. Randos squirm all over the fucking place.

Damn son.[/quote]
i even ride right over glass and shit
28cm gators at ok psi and doesn’t afraid.
probably doesn’t hurt that I weigh like 137 on a fat day.

i probably woln’t get a flat until halfway though the rainy season and having done zero cleaning or maintainence on my winterbike i’ll end up covered in rim surface grease several miles from shelter

Dude… you have to sacrifice the chickens in the right order!

Interestingly enough, this is also how you have to start a jet engine.

i haven’t had a flat in a while
and im riding on not always fully inflated kenda kwicks

Uh, just to be clear I wasn’t whining about flats, shit happens. I actually only get 5-6 flats a year, maybe less. I was whining about shit only seeming to happen a couple weeks after I buy new tires.

Mr. Bear, 15 flats? What tires are you riding?

I keep forgetting about tireducken. My rear polo tire is getting thin. Guess I know what I’m doing tonight before I roll over to play.

The longest run I had without flats was the 2 years I was in Thailand. In that whole time I only had one flat and I was riding every day. The roads somehow stayed super clean. I think it had a lot to do with people constantly picking up any stray metal, paper or glass to recycle.

to answer the OP, you have to blow Gary Schwalbe

but you got runover by a dumptruck
fuck that
i’ll take flats

I’m pretty sure both his tires flatted when he got run over so his claim isn’t technically true.

Actually, the front didn’t flat. so it was two flats on two years. Still not bad. I was cleaning my room the other day and found the fork dropout that I had saved. I teared up a little as I thought about that bike.

I literally rode the tread off a GP 4 season earlier this year with exactly one flat that was the result of a staple or a tack or something. The tire lasted about 2200 miles.

[quote=blasdelf]Just buy Schwalbe Marathons. Even the lightest ones are still pretty fucking :colbert: when it comes to flats (and about twice as heavy compared to supple tires).

You’ll never get a flat riding on those bricks.

They also have two variants that knock over different trash cans with their snouts to establish dominance, each weighing nearly a kilogram apiece — the Marathon Plus has a puncture belt about a cm thick, and the Marathon XR has a shitload of very hard tread designed to be ridden around the world repeatedly without wearing out.

I’m kind of surprised that the FGFS bros haven’t cottoned onto them yet — instead they seem intent on ruining the meaning of the word Randonneur.[/quote]

Check my sig.

i can’t forget. as soon as i touched down in the bay area i was getting flats every few days. tireducken was what got me through until i found work and could afford to be choosy about my tires (as opposed to tireduckening dumpstered tires all the time)

Tim, it’s true about china as well. I was in new york recently and the streets there suck so bad. I couldn’t believe it. People just don’t break glass here for no reason like they do in the US. I remember after every sat in chicago the next sunday would find glass everywhere.
Many fixie kids (like myself) ride randos because the compound isn’t very hard and flakes off very nicely. It lets you have some control over your sweet skids brah.

*knocks on wood
im a big fan of the panaracer tserv rear/pasela front gig. ive also had success with schwalbe luganos. cheap cheap cheap.
sometimes you just catch something though. i had a brand spanking new tserv and hopped a curb with it, caught the curb and blew out the sidewall. oh well.