Whoa.

ahhhaha i saw that this morning.

Uhh, what?[/quote]

Ah, I thought THC metabolizes in body fat, people had told me athletes can’t smoke because they have so little. I did my research, never mind.

Would totally rock that wheel. Suggest moving this to the Tarck As Fuck thread.

Believe.

…and under the weed cover lies Alex to Quando.

STAYHIGH
Get your own knuckles at the knuckle tattoo gun.

swimmers tend to have much more body fat than other athletes.

Makes sense. Whales, manatees etc. Buoancy at play here? The resistance isn’t as gravitational, more frictional? Washboard abs aren’t as aero as some chub?

Phelps is 8% according to this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7562840.stm

Dude eats like a fucking stoner, that’s for sure.

Better watchout for the patois spelling nazis…

Uhh, what?[/quote]

Ah, I thought THC metabolizes in body fat, people had told me athletes can’t smoke because they have so little. I did my research, never mind.[/quote]

if thc metabolized in fat then people with really low body fat would just stay high a lot longer. that would be pretty sweet for myself and maybe get some fat people off the couch.

also, i was gonna mention michael phelps…

Uhh, what?[/quote]

Ah, I thought THC metabolizes in body fat, people had told me athletes can’t smoke because they have so little. I did my research, never mind.[/quote]

if thc metabolized in fat then people with really low body fat would just stay high a lot longer. that would be pretty sweet for myself and maybe get some fat people off the couch.

also, i was gonna mention michael phelps…[/quote]

THC indeed does form metabolites in fat. This is why THC can be cooked down into butter, and it’s also why you don’t lose it all when you smoke through a bong. However, your proposition does not follow logically.

The real point is, even the leanest athletes in the world have body fat. Fatty acids are necessary in basic processes necessarily to life. A fat person may store THC metabolites in their system longer than a skinnier one (and as a penalty, have a longer period where they can’t produce “clean” urine), but it’s not going to make a difference in how high they get.

Another point is Blicks said “smoke safely”. Now, I don’t think weed is as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, and even partake once every blue moon, but inhaling burning matter from any plant is never going to be safe. There’s always damage incurred.

Point is, buy a vaporizer.

QFT

THC has to get into your bloodstream before it can get into your fat tissues. Once it’s in your blood, it gets in your brain and that’s when the fun begins. I don’t see how fat tissues could/would have anything to do with it.

Body breaks down THC into 11-hydroxy-THC which crosses the blood-brain barrier. Other THC metabolites are stored in your fatty tissue and eliminated slowly.

Actually, I guess in theory you could smoke with zero body fat % and still get high.

It’s about storin that shit though to save 4 latr