Winter Gloves

Hello. :bear:

Interested in your expertise. With the weather getting colder…
I am looking for a good cycling glove, cold weather. Nothing arctic, but something to keep my hands warm.

nothing lobster-type, or as hardcore, but something to do the job. If i can wear them off the bike, that’s a plus. If they are affordable, that’s even better.

Should I just go to a sporting goods store and look there for something breathable/wind resistant? :colbert:

wool.

my buddy just got some nice fox thermal gloves. i usually rock those cheap cotton gloves under full fingered gloves.

you mean vice versa? how the f would you fit the cotton under ff gloves?

you mean vice versa? how the f would you fit the cotton under ff gloves?[/quote]

those cheapo ones you get at grocery stores and shit, under fox digits that are a little bit big

im smitten for mittens!

I’ve got some waterproof Novara something or anothers that I got from REI. They cover my fingers and have a nice booger wiper chamois thing built into them.

I have a pair of Louis Garneu winter gloves that have this lycra cuff that slides under arm warmers or coat sleeves, definitely helps keep the chills down.

cool, thanks for the suggestions so far.

with wool, are they really that windproof? but they’ll keep my hands warm? these seem to be readily available at army/navy pretty cheap, im sure.

crushkilldestroy, are these like the ones you have? seem pretty good in between-ers

(definitely want something full finger, by the way)

i really like the look of knog stranglers. anyone have any experience with them/ are they worth the price tag?

you mean vice versa? how the f would you fit the cotton under ff gloves?[/quote]

those cheapo ones you get at grocery stores and shit, under fox digits that are a little bit big[/quote]
that seems like the digits would be annoying sans cotton.

I’ve always heard Mechanix are the best. though I’ve yet to find a pair.

I wear a pair of Bonfire pipe gloves that are awesome. Full leather, they are pretty waterproof. There are a lot of brands that make them and they work well for me. Burton, Bonfire, Grenade…etc…

i have some pearl izumi cyclones that i fucking love. everyone here seems to hate on all things pearl izumi, but these gloves rock.

i just picked up some specialized deflect gloves. i worry how good they’ll be when it gets really cold, but the subzeros won’t be in until january.

last year i wore thin cotton gloves under those fingerless gloves/mitten things. you know, where the mitten part folds back. that ruled, but i think i’d go with wool underneath.

I use some wool gloves I got at Target in the “outdoors” section. I ride all winter long, and it only bothers me when the temperature drops below 10-20-ish.

I have a pair of fingerless “hobo” gloves bought in a similar fashion at my old local hardware store. I love them, doesn’t get nearly as cold at 10-20 here but they work just fine. I am pretty sure I picked them up for a whole $5.

I used to wear 1 liner with a large bike glove over it and a larger wool fingerless over the other two, more confortable than it sounds and that setup was good down to about -25 C. But on the -30 to -40 days it really sucked, so i just got myself some lobsters for this year.
I haven’t tried them yet.

just bought these Descente gloves on clearence a REI with cheapo whatever gloves underneath.

I wear regular bike gloves under a pair of synthetic fleece gloves, but I’m looking for a simpler option.