Winter Restoration

Going to dis-assemble and rebuild both bigbike and trek over the winter.

trek: plans are to put 6600 brifters on and upgrade to 10sp drivetrain. also put bigbike’s tricolor 175mm crankset on to get rid of the ovaltech rings. . also add canti posts and have the bodyshop paint it. bike will have black batrape and fizik arione

bigbike: bought 7900 DT shifters and gonna use the 105 brake levers it originally came with. also going to have the bodyshop paint it. bike will have brooks honey batrape and brooks springed honey saddle.

any idea on colors for the bikes?

Does anyone have a winter bike project?

Don’t you live in a place where you can comfortably ride bikes all year around?

yeah. im doing it for a project, something to do. i have a bunch of bikes, so if i want to ride, i still can

apparently 7900 is not compatible with ultegra 6600 RD. does anyone have a qbp hook up for 7800 dt shifters for 10 speed?

Qbp no longer stocks 7800 DT shifters
BTI might tho

Rebuilding my SOMA Saga commuter thusly:

People living in California talkin about winter, get the fuck out of your own thread

go fuck yourself les. im not saying snowy winter, just “oh, it isn’t at least 75 degrees anymore” winter. too cold for riding

GTFO of the winter thread

too cold for riding? GTFO. And i’m California.

I miss snowy oregon riding :frowning:

my bikes sat all summer. tonight i went on a 25 mile bike ride.

Truth.

I live in SF, but I’m from Edmonton. Three years in, and this weather still blows my fucking mind. There is no winter here.

it rained today and i am so grateful. the meager fires we’ve had has fucked my airholes up bigtime.

i shoulda never quit smokin

I might strip down my Davidson and rebuild it, but I say that every year.

I gotta rebuild the winter 29er. It’s still caked in mud from hell race back in May. So many bearings are probably shot on that thing, ughhhhh

Truth.

I live in SF, but I’m from Edmonton. Three years in, and this weather still blows my fucking mind. There is no winter here.[/quote]
its too cold in sf :smiley:

[quote=miguelaron]Qbp no longer stocks 7800 DT shifters
BTI might tho[/quote]
bti?

I’m rebuilding the winter bike before winter so I can actually ride in the winter.

But by your standards it’s already winter here so I guess I’m late.