Wireless Cyclocomputers?

I’m in the market. Can anyone make some recommendations?

There is one that pops up on chainlove.com for like $30 every now and then. I’ve been thinking of getting it and seeing ho she affects my riding.

What functions and what price range?

Cateye Spectra Wireless. Get it from Performance when it’s cheap for like $30. It’s all I use now. I had a Cateye Micro Wirelss before this. Not very micro and it ate through batteries like a hummer goes through a gallon of gas.

I love the Cateye Micro Wireless. I had several on various bikes, and I’ve got them all for ~$25 online.

damn. i just bought a mavic wintech for $25. it sucked. the speed sensor would never pick up properly no matter where i placed it on the fork/wheel or ant any angle, and the “interface” if you can call it didn’t seem very well thought out. i’ll have to look into the cateye. one question though: is it a stem mount computer or bar mount?

These look cool
http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=33891
The mount bracket goes under the headset cap…Makes a really clean install, if you run a threadless headset. I cant speak for the quality, i never used it.

do you mean vectra? performance has that up right now for $30. been thinking about picking up a wireless for my pops.

+1 on the Cateye Micro Wireless. I wish you could put the sensor on the rear wheel but it wouldn’t pick it up on my bike. Otherwise a solid computer.

BTW, cyclocomputers that aren’t Cateye or better aren’t worth buying.

do you mean vectra? performance has that up right now for $30. been thinking about picking up a wireless for my pops.[/quote]
Hah, no actually, I was thinking of my eye insurance company and Cateye’s Vectra but all along I was talking about the Strada. The Cateye Strada Wireless.

You haven’t noticed any hardcore battery drain? Maybe I just got a defective unit.

+1,000,000

Has anyone had a chance to fool around with a Cateye V2 or V3? If so, what’re your thoughts about them?

Lots of people complain about this, but I’ve been using the same battery for well over a year and a half without even thinking about changing it. Maybe I just got lucky though, because yeah, this is a common complaint. However, any wireless computer is going to have poor battery life compared to a wired one.

Lots of people complain about this, but I’ve been using the same battery for well over a year and a half without even thinking about changing it. Maybe I just got lucky though, because yeah, this is a common complaint. However, any wireless computer is going to have poor battery life compared to a wired one.[/quote]
Iunno, I think you lucked out numerous times. My Micro batteries wouldn’t last more than a month in both the display and the sensor. In my Strada Wireless they’ve both last me over 6 months. Pretty much the best computer I’ve ever dealt with. The only reason I’m thinking of switching to the V2 or V3 is because cadence and heart rate display would help me train a bit better.

Not to mention that a calorie counter might help me keep my weight in check.