Wool Appreciation Thread. Fuck your rain gear.

Fuck searching through racks of clothes in a goddamn brick and mortar.

I have ~$100 worth of black/dark gray merino wool knit fabric somewhere that I need to have turned into some jerseys.

for the record: looking for a wine red smartwool jersey, can deal with houndstooth.

I have 3 smartwool jerseys from Nordstrom rack $25-$40 and I like them, only one is a race cut and I love it the most. I also have Nike wool one.

I love me some wool, how are the Swobo long sleeve jerseys?

the nike ones are awzum if you can find them cheap
but they do get holes easily but they are really soft
if its cold* i wear two on top of each other (*texas cold)

the portland/oregon cyclewear shit is pretty crappy and gets saggy when wet
i have two of those and i don’t wear them too often

wool fuck yea!

Also, in before this

[quote=stiffytruck]the nike ones are awzum if you can find them cheap
[/quote]

My LBS as the gray ones and the blue ones for $50 if you need another.

Love wool. Got me through my 140mi torrential downpour fest last winter, would want wool again for similar. But imho a rain shell + wool = win, versus just one or the other on their own.

i have some kucharik one i found at a thrift store for like 5 bucks. some jackass removed the rear pockets on it though. :frowning:

I got a new MEC merino baselayer for winter commuting this year, having totally worn out my old one. I love wool’s combination of warmth-when-wet and never-getting-stinky-even-if-you-wear-everyday. Like others in this thread, I feel wool plus a windproof shell is necessary for a flawless win. Those arctic blasts of wind can cut all too easily through wool alone, especialy when it’s wet.

TJ Maxxxxxx had merino wool sweaters for $20 last year. Bought a turtleneck wif buttons and it has served me well; only had to wash it twice. Wish I bought more than one. Target had merino wool sweaters for ~$35. They looked fancier, but I waited too long for clearance and missed the dealz. I’m hoping both come back.

^ after christmas every retailer has closeout on cashmere/wool sweaters

looks like im getting some wool at the end of december

Another great thing about wool!

have a wool hoodie that i love.

wool is kickass

[quote=scrub][quote=stiffytruck]the nike ones are awzum if you can find them cheap
[/quote]

My LBS as the gray ones and the blue ones for $50 if you need another.[/quote]

i already have 3 of em
thanks though

wool rules. right now i just have smartwool long johns and top and a pendleton. all are awesome. even for light rain, i will just wear a wool base layer under pants or shorts depending on temperature and the pendleton.

in ohio where i mess’d in temps as low as the teens in midday and negative temperatures on the way home from the bar after work, i wore two pairs of socks, one wool. smart wool tights, dickies. merino top, tshirt, hoodie, flannel, wool hat and gloves and scarf, bam, that’s it. of course, i was on a bike, but just having that wool shit everywhere collabo’d with layers made for such nice warmth

also i could wear the merino top for like weeks at a time of every day wearing, riding all day, showering maybe once a week or so before i’d have to wash it.

[quote=beargrinder]wool rules. right now i just have smartwool long johns and top and a pendleton. all are awesome. even for light rain, i will just wear a wool base layer under pants or shorts depending on temperature and the pendleton.

in ohio where i mess’d in temps as low as the teens in midday and negative temperatures on the way home from the bar after work, i wore two pairs of socks, one wool. smart wool tights, dickies. merino top, tshirt, hoodie, flannel, wool hat and gloves and scarf, bam, that’s it. of course, i was on a bike, but just having that wool shit everywhere collabo’d with layers made for such nice warmth

also i could wear the merino top for like weeks at a time of every day wearing, riding all day, showering maybe once a week or so before i’d have to wash it.[/quote]
but why?

water conservation bro
sheeeeeeeit

why not? i shower when i feel i need it, sometimes that’ll be every day for a few days, sometimes a couple of times a week. riding in super cold weather i never really felt like i got dirty enough to shower more than, at that point, once a week or so.