zero feedback ebay seller.

dumb question… if you complete the auction and pay the $20 shipping price, how can they ask for more money?

it seems to me that they have to honor it, or risk scrapping the whole transaction. Otherwise sellers with a legit shipping price (let’s say $60 for the sake of argument) could just say, “oh no wait, it’s actually gonna cost $80” or whatever.

This would additionally be particularly attractive if you won an auction with an absurdly low bid (let’s say $25 for a TT frame for the sake of argument), where they only stood to gain if you did not accapt the terms and wished to cancel.

The point is, shipping will cost more than $20. When the inept seller discovers this, one of three things happens. The seller eats the shipping and takes a loss, the seller reneges on the deal, or the buyer negotiates something with the seller. Given the zero feedback, I’d wager the seller walks away from a losing deal and let’s the ebay account become nothing. My point is that if you really want the part, be prepared to negotiate, especially with someone that has no reputation to protect.

I think this seller is ignorant to the idea of reputation.

I think people basically try to do the right thing.

In my estimation, the seller thinks the bike should ship for $20. It will turn out to ship for $65 or so. The seller will either eat $45 in profit (or approximately 10% of sale price) or reneg on deal. Don’t negotiate with terrorist sellers.

personally a mass-produced aluminum cross bike that predates threadless is not something that one should get terribly attached to the idea of desperately wanting to pay $400 for.

Ive been trying to find a decent sub 600 dollar cross bike. This is the first decent one ive seen in a while. Im still not sure if im gonna go for it or not.