1/8 chain + 3/32 chainring = the noise?

Wondering if this combo is gonna be noise or will wear out the chainring prematurely.
Never tried it but may buy a badass ring and its 3/32. :frowning:
:bear:

The Earth will implode.
Don’t do it.

with the help of a few others robonuts and i wrote this up special for you!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1254

it’ll be louder. i went from a 3/32 cog to a 1/8 cog and it was quieter. nothing serious though.

shouldn’t be too much noisier if your chainline is spot on. Running a 1/8 chain on 3/32 chainring & cog is good if its off by 1mm or so. chain wear will be mildly accelerated.

I used a 1/8" chain with a 3/32" chainring once. It worked fine and wasn’t particularly noisy, but the chainring teeth deformed (widened) so much that they wouldn’t even fit into the links of a 3/32" chain. Dunno what the deal was with that, but I’ve never had this problem when using correctly matched chain and chainring.

Maybe it was a cheapo chainring?

My friend has a bowery that comes stock with the 1/8th on 3/32nd cog/cr and his setup is quite noisy. Those bikes have four fucking brake levers and handlebars wider than a condor’s wingspan.

Im feeling reluctant now.

run a 3/32 chain.

you only ever take pics of the bike anyways. :colbert:

-j

I dont have a chain cause i dont ride bikes.
I had been photoshopping the chain in later…
Maybe its time to get a chain and a cog. :frowning:

I ran a 1/8 chain and cog with a 3/32 chainring for almost 2 years with no damage to the ring and no significant noise.
the chain tracks just fine with that setup, but would be considerably louder with a 3/32 cog and ring and a 1/8 chain.

I’ve done it (3/32 chainring, everything else 1/8) without problems or noticably loud noises. But if you’re worried buy a 3/32 sprocket for the rear then it’ll be lighter (and in most cases quieter) than it’s ever been.

my chainring is a shimano 600 from the 80’s, 3/32 with a 1/8 izumi chain and 1/8 rosselli cog…fucking silent…

Maybe it was a cheapo chainring?[/quote]

Thinking about it now…yes, it was a cheapo ring, a Vuelta I believe. It was probably softer than than piglet shit.

1/8" chain and chainring, 3/32" cog.
it’s fine.
noise is pretty low. not any worse than 1/8" cog is/was.

All last winter I road around using a 1/8" chain on a 3/32" cog and chainring, and I have no damage to show for it. It’ll be fine.

[quote=“deathhare”]I dont have a chain cause i dont ride bikes.
I had been photoshopping the chain in later…
Maybe its time to get a chain and a cog. :([/quote]

i knew it!

-j

There are proud to carry a wide variety of moncler jackets or moncler coats for men and women. Removable hood with fur, 100% nylon shell, geniune GOOSE DOWN filling and front zipper closure, the wholesale womens moncler jackets ,mens moncler jackets or moncler kids jackets that are comfortable and fashionable, flattering and terrific moncler down jackets all cater to all women all over the world.
There are many types of timberland boots available on the market. These include such as mens timberland boots and timberland boots uk,timberland waterproof boots, the following areas of different shapes, materials, style and decor. Many families and women worry about what to wear when they talk to their children that many women already know timberland boots sale.
As we all know, this world is dishearteningly uneven, most flattering foot and our shoes of the balance of the body. This is to solve the problem of the surface. But to do is nike dunk shoes to improve a person's strength and coordination, and in turn emphasizes the joints and spine can relieve. nike dunk sb not a typical nike reflect the real world,specila nike dunk 2010 new brand , such as nike dunk high ,nike dunk mid,nike dunk low and so on are very very popular now.

A quick glance at this new Nike Dunk high colorway sends an immediate ‘Tiffany’ jolt to your brain. Something about the nike dunk sb of color blocking and material usage just oozes with elements of the fan favorite. nike dunk shoes Retro/Metallic Silver-Black sneakers put the Retro hue on plain display via the toe, paneling and stitching in the same way that Tiffany Blue was used. There are a lot of fashion shoes on my store,nike dunk 2010 shoes not only nice ,but also confotbale,give everyone different feeling.Nike dunk mid shoes of patent leather on the heel and lace plates form a great overall contrast also.

moncler jackets designed to focus on the elements of style and fashion of the source, the overall design style in clothing design is the primary position. Let us take a closer look 10 years moncler three elements of costume design and overall concept of the United States, the feeling in enhancing their design inspiration! moncler jacket outer shape mainly refers to the silhouette of the clothing, which means the clothing style style house, including structure line, provincial, collar, bag and so on. Mmoncler down in line with the overall appearance of the shape design style features, both inside and outside shape should complement each other. moncler jackets women's external shape design clothing design as a visual art, contour shape can give people a deep impression.