18mm rake fork

Anybody got some options?
1" preferably threadless, threaded if absolutely necessary.
help a brother out?

I believe you can get custom forks from spicer. Or you can customize your own fork by running it over with a car. Otherwise, I haven’t seen any forks with so little rake.

you sure 18mm of rake is correct?
that’s a pretty low number.

track is usually 28-35mm.
road starts around 40mm-53mm.

[quote="(|)"]you sure 18mm of rake is correct?
that’s a pretty low number.

track is usually 28-35mm.
road starts around 40mm-53mm.[/quote]

i dont know that 18 is the exact number and i think i could probably fudge with a 22, ideas?

How are you arriving at this number?

you’re not gonna find a 22mm rake fork
unless you luck out on ebay and get a used one…really luck out
or get a custom builder to make you one

A friend of mine asked if I knew of anybody who made one. I asked here, probably so he can get teh barspinz on hiz pista. Have at the jokes. haha. I think he’s really just looking to lose a few mm of rake, but he tossed out the 18-22 number.

A friend of mine asked if I knew of anybody who made one. I asked here, probably so he can get teh barspinz on hiz pista. Have at the jokes. haha. I think he’s really just looking to lose a few mm of rake, but he tossed out the 18-22 number.[/quote]

In other words…he has no clue what rake he needs.

A friend of mine asked if I knew of anybody who made one. I asked here, probably so he can get teh barspinz on hiz pista. Have at the jokes. haha. I think he’s really just looking to lose a few mm of rake, but he tossed out the 18-22 number.[/quote]

In other words…he has no clue what rake he needs.[/quote]

Yep. haha, just “lower than the stock one”

well my bike has 28mm of rake and 74.5 ht angle and teh fork crown almost hits teh downtube
so no barspinz
i can’t even run 23c tires

I hope you immediately dispensed the PITD.

You should post this on brianforums. You will probably get more helpful advice there.

lol

I hope you immediately dispensed the PITD.[/quote]

I immediately dispensed a “what the fuck are you talking about man?”
I was too drunk to PITD.

you can get a 38mm fork from soma i think, he’s have to thread it if he didn’t want 1" threadless though…

From what I’ve heard, curved steel forks can safely be adjusted to a specified rake. It’s a good idea to use a tool like this though:

http://www.parktool.com/products/detail ... em=FFS%2D2

Might mess up paint or a chrome finish though. You might not have an issue with such a small adjustment.

38 is stock and he wants to go lower.

oh. didn’t know what frame he had.
i don’t think i’ve ever seen any forks that had less than 38mm rake that weren’t on custom frames…
he’d have to get one built.

alien forks have 28 mm of rake maybe he can get one of those