2009 Houston to Austin BPMS150 CLOSED

Anyone other than me participating?

Word on the streets is registration begins either tomorrow, October 1st or In a couple of weeks on October 15th.

No one has a straight answer. Anyone else know anything?

[size=150][color=#FF0000]Registration Heads Up: CLOSED ALL SLOTS FULL![/color][/size]

http://biketxh.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/TXHBikeEvents?pg=entry&fr_id=10222

DOne this for a couple of years now, my girlfriends uncle works for shell and we ride on that team…I know I know shell…but they have people giving the best massages after you ride. I’ll try and find out more info for you.

Hah, my uncle works for Shell. He has for a very, very long time.

I haven’t quite decided on a team to ride for. Right now it’s between Sun & Ski, University of Texas and Shell. I haven’t decided who has the best perks. Heh.

I’m doing it. I thought it was on the 14th?
hmmmm…looking through my packet.
I’m riding with Toyota did my summer intern with them.
As far as perks- free massages, own transportation on the way back, and we have a guy thats going to be bbq-in
for us instead of the soggy subway.

Thought about doing it with sun & ski…but guy that dumped me recently is doing it with them.
Wouldn’t be good.

yeah I am pretty sure it is on the 14th…I’m not sure who has the best perks. Transportation is nopt so much an issue with me… I live in Austin so the only thing is gewtting the bikes there. My girlfriends family lives in Houston, so her sister will probably be taking us there and we’ll be riding back of course. If you ride for shell let me know, we can ride together for a bit. I am going to do my fixed again this year…what about you?

Someone finally sigged me! But you attributed it to Scott :colbert:

Transport might not be an issue with me either, my mom and my stepfather are volunteering for the event and would probably be my ride home.

I’ll hopefully be doing it on my new BMC Streetfire w/full Ultegra SL by the time April rolls around. Call me a wimp but Bandit + Fixed + Wind = Unhappy Cyclist.

ooo hardcore!

i wouldn’t last.

did it last year fixed…and my girlfriend did the tour de cure fixed. That was from San Marcos to Austin, but she opted for the 60 mile ride. She finished in 3 1/2 hours, not to bad for her. I was proud

That’s intense. Maybe eventually I’ll do a big event fixed but I love my geared bikes too much.

the hills are a little brutal, but as long as I get some speed going down, going up isn’t that bad…untill some jackass is in their lowest gear and in the way

I’m hoping to do it fixed this year. I just gotta fine a team that will allow me to drink and smoke at the checkpoints. No really how often do people ride the MS150 on fixed gear>

Yea I didn’t say that.

Haha. I know at least a few people do it fixed every year. I hear about it anyway.

Oh and we should definitely have an Austin Tarck Meet when we get there.

when is the ride? i’m too lazy to google it.

anyone doing the wurst-fest ride in november?

[quote=“jim”]when is the ride? i’m too lazy to google it.

anyone doing the wurst-fest ride in november?[/quote]
Mid April.

I was thinking about doing that ride. Beer and bratwurst sounds like a bitching way to end a ride.

anyone doing the moonlight ramble?
believe the ride is midnight of sat. the 25th of oct.-wee morning hours of the 26th.

apparently people dress up.
i was thinking i’d go as pocahontas. hope its not cold.

[quote=“m4bandit”][quote=“jim”]when is the ride? i’m too lazy to google it.

Mid April.

I was thinking about doing that ride. Beer and bratwurst sounds like a bitching way to end a ride.[/quote]

mid april you say? i’ll do it.

[quote=“jim”][quote=“m4bandit”][quote=“jim”]when is the ride? i’m too lazy to google it.

Mid April.

I was thinking about doing that ride. Beer and bratwurst sounds like a bitching way to end a ride.[/quote]

mid april you say? i’ll do it.[/quote]
Nice. It’s April 18-19th. 180 miles.

You have to register immediately after registration opens. Last year it closed in less than 2 weeks. I was a few days late and missed it. I was pissed.

[quote=“Chaba”]anyone doing the moonlight ramble?
believe the ride is midnight of sat. the 25th of oct.-wee morning hours of the 26th.

apparently people dress up.
i was thinking i’d go as pocahontas. hope its not cold.[/quote]

I’ll be riding the Ramble. It’s great fun!