2010 cycling resolutions

Commute more.
Get faster.
Get to Hellyer as much as possible.

commute when possible

get a training regimen and stick to it

100 miles a week(less if needed coz race)

eat healthier

ride hard and cultivate dignity

get a pro fit
get faster
do STP (or equivalent ride) in one day
build my first wheel
discover routs for long rides that I really enjoy
rack & panniers for the goat/ use the car less. (already pretty good with this but I have a lot of room for improvement)
get Mrs B set up with a bike she will ride. Her SS is not is not a good option for Seattle. This is fundamental to using car less.

[quote=balonya]get a pro fit
get faster
build my first wheel
rack & panniers for the goat/ use the car less. (already pretty good with this but I have a lot of room for improvement)
get Mrs B set up with a bike she will ride. Her SS is not is not a good option for Seattle. This is fundamental to using car less.[/quote]

Let’s do the Lake Washington Loop, dammit.

Also, Wright Bros. wheel building class = recommended.

This, 'cept without the 800.[/quote]
Will try to do 2 and 4 with concrete landmarks at the end/halfway… gots to have the goals.

Do some sort of dirt road adventure tour thing on teh Misfit.

Wanna make time to ride with my buddy Michael a LOT. He’s good stuff.

Ben, ride to NOLA with me!

[quote=tarckeemoon][quote=balonya]get a pro fit
get faster
build my first wheel
get Mrs B set up with a bike she will ride. Her SS is not is not a good option for Seattle. This is fundamental to using car less.[/quote]

Let’s do the Lake Washington Loop, dammit.

Also, Wright Bros. wheel building class = recommended.[/quote]

YES to both!
I wanted to take the wheel building class this fall but bought the Bianchi, so it got put off.

[quote=trackatino][quote=GRHebear]1. spend 20-30 hours a week on the bike once school ends
(not including the time i spend on my bike while working)[/quote]God damn, that is a lot of time on the bike. 20-30 hours riding spandor’d out or what?[/quote]shit, at a 15mph average that’s at least 300 miles a week. Talk about a road to burning out.

And as for my resolutions, I plan to:
Ride at least 100 spandexed miles/week. I’m pretty good at this already, but some weeks I just get lazy.
Commute more (if I don’t lose my job).
Get to the track as often as possible/plausible.
Race road and track as much as possible/plausible
Go on a multi-day (more than 3 days) tour. Thinking SF to LA with friends from SF if they do it again.
I’d like to do a double century.

No Little Debbie’s in 2010!

Hmmm…

Actually ride the road bike I can’t bring myself to sell. Anytime I’m about to go somewhere on it, I haven’t been able resist the temptation to do it slowly and comfortably on the stumpjumper. My road bike is comfortable, but it’s not bars-above-the-saddle, 25 psi comfortable.

I resolve to get a Spooky. Probably a Skeletor, to replace my perfectly-fine Cannondale CAAD8.

keep riding a couple hundred miles a month. my exercise resolutions have more to do with running and plyos.

-Do STP one day plan (thanks for reminding me balonya).
-Upgrade to cat 2 track.
-Make a solid effort to upgrade to cat 2 road by the very end of the season.
-Win a prime lap + cat 3 crit. Preferably win ALL the prime laps and the crit, but that’s pushing it…
-Top 10 cat 1/2/3 PIR race (tough goal).
-Top 3 on the local Thursday nighter competitive fast dudes group ride…

I hate making resolutions. as Al Swearengen once said “Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh”… but:

I plan to move closer to my employer so I can commute daily.
I plan to ride to Canada for a camping and fishing trip at least once.

Do le tour du rouge http://www.tourdurouge.org/
No major injuries so I can ride all year
eat healither
get a 29er

get a new off road bike and race it

finish an elite 1/2 cx race in the money (this will be tough)

train smarter

have fun

powwaleggs

oh yeah…shave my legs at least once a week…i’ve been lazy during the winter and have been shaving only about once a month.

ftfy

I plan to haul my bass gear by bike to Micah’s practice space at some point in the next year. Hopefully sooner than later. (nudge, nudge…)