2010 cycling resolutions

The winter time is a much welcomed break from leg shaving…

ftfy

I plan to haul my bass gear by bike to Micah’s practice space at some point in the next year. Hopefully sooner than later. (nudge, nudge…)[/quote]
Totally. We need to start working on shit as soon as the holidays are over.

Deal!

high five

i like the 100 miles /week idea

last year from march-august, i rode 100 single speed miles per week in training for my first ss century…definitely doable.
go for it sol!

-buy a better fitting road bike
-not buy anything frivolous because i’ll hopefully be in grad school

Get back to riding every day.
Get out of the habit of eating a ton of sugar.
Race the shit out of my mountain bike.

set up bike computer again. get serious about miles.

yeah i bought zipties a week ago. maying i’ll get around to putting the computer on my biek so i know how many miles i actually ride.

Get less ‘serious’ about riding. Remember what made bikes fun. Enjoy my time in the saddle.

[quote=thehappyrobot]last year from march-august, i rode 100 single speed miles per week in training for my first ss century…definitely doable.
go for it sol![/quote]
hell yes dude. i didnt make the ride every day game last year, but i think 100 miles/week is doable. itll be tricky with two jobs, but ill try my best!

[quote=bradencbc]
Race the shit out of my mountain bike.[/quote]

and rj…when i’m not racing the shit outta my mountain bike i’m gonna steal your resolution…cause yours is the best one yet.

i do about 100 miles a week in the winter without even thinking, just commuting and bumming around town. and i only live like 7 miles from work.

This. Getting serious about my riding made me ride less. I’m not an athlete; I’m just some dude who loves bikes.

This. Getting serious about my riding made me ride less. I’m not an athlete; I’m just some dude who loves bikes.[/quote]
This. There are things I want to accomplish in riding, I think, but first and foremost I want to just keep riding, and to keep riding fun.

nathan, 5-6 hours of riding per week seems really low, especially for someone like you

[quote=GRHebear]nathan, 5-6 hours of riding per week seems really low, especially for someone like you[/quote]i work 50-60 hours a week.

samesies. 100/week is gonna be interesting

This. Getting serious about my riding made me ride less. I’m not an athlete; I’m just some dude who loves bikes.[/quote]
This. There are things I want to accomplish in riding, I think, but first and foremost I want to just keep riding, and to keep riding fun.[/quote]

Exactly.

I’ve put on more miles this summer than any year previously. I’ve done some of my longest solo rides, group races, and charity rides. I’ve gotten faster and become more fit. I’m proud of myself too, I’ve done things I didn’t think I was capable of.

I’ve also obsessed more about bike fit, meaningless aesthetics, working on my spin, proper RPMs, what gear I should be in, and legitimizing myself in some way. None of which are necessarily bad things.

I do have plans to race competitively and to continue doing longer/faster/more serious events but would like to think less about putting on that thirty miles a day and too look at my computer less.

Also…

I’m inclined to mention my desire to avoid the kind of many…many injuries I’ve sustained over this previous season but feel like that’d just be jinxing myself.