24 spokes

Anyone running this few of spokes on the street?
Im wondering if theyll hold up with a deep profile rim.

Any experiences?

About 165lbs

With a deep section rim, I think you’ll be ok. I’ve been running my old Shimano 16-spoke wheels on the street for like five years and they’ve held up alright. I dented the rim, but I’m pretty sure the curb that I hit would have dented a 36-spoke rim just as easily.

[/quote]
dude… he’s a ninja.
they have to be nimble.

Thanks

[/quote]
Just because you weight 325 doesnt mean everyone else should.
Go eat another cheezburger tubby.

I’m rocking a 20 spoke front Mavic Aksium on my Concept. I weigh about 187 right now and I ride some amazingly shitty streets. I do, however, always lift my front over obstacles. As opposed to the way some people (my girlfriend) just power through shitty spots in the road and hold on for dear life.

lol…i always lift my front too.
its a habit from bmx i think.

[quote=“deathhare”]
its a habit from bmx i think.[/quote]

Yeah, down on Howard there’s this spot I always pass that’s like 4 giant potholes with raised bumps between them. I try and take it like manualing through rollers on a BMX.

i have that radial 18 spoke deep v wheel
i have ridden it on the street it goes out of true easily within a week or two
i weigh about 195
and i avoid/lift my wheel over potholes

plenty of people ride 20f/20r ellipses (myself included) with no problems

Yeah true…I forgot about those wheels.

I am slightly heavier than you and I have been runing 12 spoke Shamal HPW front with no issues for years. (until recently, who would think I can pinch flat a tubular but even that didn’t damage the rim)

[quote=“zombie”][quote=“deathhare”]
its a habit from bmx i think.[/quote]

Yeah, down on Howard there’s this spot I always pass that’s like 4 giant potholes with raised bumps between them. I try and take it like manualing through rollers on a BMX.[/quote]

you should post a vid at tricktrack :bear:

205 and I run an 18 hole Rolf vector comp up front ~35mm deep. It’s been fine. I try to lift the front, but I’ve had a couple pinch flats on it.

Use good spokes and it should be just fine.

i have a 20h bontrager select up front. radial AND paired spokes. its held up fine, i do avoid most potholes and stuff, but i also fuck around with wheelies and footdown and jumping off curbs, haha

I ride 24 up front. 24 isn’t too bad, handles all the beatings i give it. then again… im a bit of a feather weight.

haha, that’s some funny shit. my girl is terrified of lifting her front wheel, she gets off the bike to pick it up a curb.