300 dollar vintage bikes

You know, when you actually think about his story, it sounds pretty fishy. “Yeah officer, I know all these bikes look hot, but they’re not - I rented a truck and touring Midwestern thrift shops to buy inventory, I swear!”[/quote]

True… and “the Midwest” is pretty freakin’ vague.

this guy is a douche, i hope he gets his hands mangled by the all mighty Tarck bear!

Crackhead steals janky ten-speed from a hipster wanna-be, turns it over for a twenty-rock to a dude that turns around and sells it to a hipster wanna-be. Everyone’s happy!

I think BSYNC referred to this as a trade route of williamsburg

I’ve made a couple grand on CL this year selling used bikes but I think this guy is crazy, the rent must be killing him. I guess it makes him more legitimate but working on a couple of bikes a week in your apartment and listing them on CL over the weekend is the way to go if you ask me.

I wasn’t stealing them or buying them up from crackheads, there is a scrap metal yard near me and I asked the guy to set aside any bikes that came in and I would buy them. He charged me $10 to $20 and then I would sell them for $150 or so, after I spent a bit of time fixing them up, etc…

Fun and I kept track of my profits so now I have no guilt when I buy parts/frames for myself.

[quote=“pirate”]a “bargain” $150 free spirit or ross cruiser?

thats ridiculous.[/quote]
For real. Fuck 650A-wheeled cruiser bikes.

but bikes are fashion accessories guys. duh!

I went there today by accident (had a pickup right next door).

Outside are a bunch of blue cruisers, Schwinn and the like. Cleaned up and un-rusted with $100-$200 pricetags.

Inside its just rows upon rows of 70’s and 80’s road bikes. A couple conversions here and there. Pretty lame. All like $200+, more than what they sold for new.

Only thing that caught my eye was a bright yellow Paramount, maybe from the late 80’s or early 90’s. I didn’t look at it up close, but the group seemed to be mixed matched. The brakes (calipers/ hoods, etc) were probably mid 90’s 105. The pedals were easily from about 1982 and the the same could be said about the wheels and drive train. He wanted $500 for it.

BTW, rent in the lower east side is way cheaper than anywhere else in Manahattan besides the upper west side.

3rd and a is hardly the lower east side and east harlem and inwood are both cheaper.

What’s rent like in East Harlem for a residence?

depends on the block, the building, and if you’re on the ave or not. you could easily get a 2 bedroom for just over a thousand

I think 3rd and A could be called the lower east side. It’s just not the dangerous part.

I knew someone who lived on C and 6th and had a 2 bedroom for 950.

But yea Inwood and Spanish/East Harlem are slightly cheaper.

Really? That actually seems cheap after paying Seattle prices.

they aren’t exactly “desirable” neighborhoods. but it’s still manhattan.

Ahh. Got it.

Not too bad.
I’m in a two bedroom in MPLS right now that’s like 850.

Sail Away!, where you located?

in east harlem

Ah cool. I haven’t been up there in a while.