a confused ALAN Super Record build up Thread

+1+ :bear:

and just tape the derailleur onto the rear dropouts…

and just tape the derailleur onto the rear dropouts…[/quote]

lol

Are you serious? Right now in my parts bin is a derailer hanger for horizontal dropouts. Takes up about 1/4" of the end of the dropout, has a companion for the other side so your wheel goes in centered. These things come on many 10 and 12 speed bikes and I’m sure you could find one for free at a bike shop or coop.

and just tape the derailleur onto the rear dropouts…[/quote]

lol

Are you serious? Right now in my parts bin is a derailer hanger for horizontal dropouts. Takes up about 1/4" of the end of the dropout, has a companion for the other side so your wheel goes in centered. These things come on many 10 and 12 speed bikes and I’m sure you could find one for free at a bike shop or coop.[/quote]

too much work for that frame. I mean, you’d have to get a hanger, you’d have to get derailluers, shifters, cables etc. I dont mean to knock that frame, but it’s not really worth it, what did you pay for it AB?
Those wheels probably arent worth a whole load either…

oh yeah he should totally just throw it into the dumpster, seeing as how he bought it on ebay for no reason at all. /sarcasm

You’re a total killjoy. Building bikes is fun. Especially when they’re old and weird and unique.

If I were going to bother I’d just run it as a single.

650 front. ha.

+1+ :bear:[/quote]
+2

[quote=“blickblocks”]oh yeah he should totally just throw it into the dumpster, seeing as how he bought it on ebay for no reason at all. /sarcasm

You’re a total killjoy. Building bikes is fun. Especially when they’re old and weird and unique.[/quote]

Christ you arent very good at reading…
I said he should turn it into a classy single speed with fenders and racks/basket, rather than some noodle soft, possibly dangerous, too much work road bike. I love building bikes as much as the next guy, probably more (see bike mess pics) but starting with a shitty frame to build around just leaves you with a disappointing end product.
Having the derailleur hangers and cable bosses hacked off doesnt make a frame unique, it makes it shitty.

damn fixed gear rapists.

Those Alan/Guerciotti bonded alu frames have a reputation for asploding, and this one looks to have had a harder life than most.[/quote]

They are also have a pretty high degree of flex. To be fair, I weigh around 200lbs, but the one I tried was a noodle.[/quote]

I weigh in at ~160 if that matters, I have tried a couple and they were the most flexy frames I have ever ridden. Very pretty, tho.

I love those frames. A friend of mine had one that he rode fixed for a while. PM me if you want to sell that stem and those bars, ab.

that frame looks awesome. i love the lugs.

i spoke with the previous owner (and his buddy was the owner prior to him)… as far as he knows, nothing was hacked off… so… i’m left more confused. the anodizing has been stripped.

i’ve liked ALAN frames for quite some time, and i do want to keep the bike, i just don’t know how much to invest. i have Cinelli Pope/Priest bars to use. I am leaning towards building it as a single speed.

i got the bike for $240 + shipping. the shipping turned out to be way way way more than i had expected to pay… i was bidding on the bike on eBay using my phone… and it was in canadian dollars… and the seller added another $20 of required insurance after the auction ended … blah blah blah… nobody cares… the total came out to $384.96 USD

the campy wheels should fetch me more than a few bucks.

johnnyraja.: the stem & bars are for sale.

rusty has first dibs on the saddle.

[quote=“artblur”]i spoke with the previous owner (and his buddy was the owner prior to him)… as far as he knows, nothing was hacked off… so… i’m left more confused. the anodizing has been stripped.

i’ve liked ALAN frames for quite some time, and i do want to keep the bike, i just don’t know how much to invest. i have Cinelli Pope/Priest bars to use. I am leaning towards building it as a single speed.

i got the bike for $240 + shipping. the shipping turned out to be way way way more than i had expected to pay… i was bidding on the bike on eBay using my phone… and it was in canadian dollars… and the seller added another $20 of required insurance after the auction ended … blah blah blah… nobody cares… the total came out to $384.96 USD

the campy wheels should fetch me more than a few bucks.

johnnyraja.: the stem & bars are for sale.

rusty has first dibs on the saddle.[/quote]

are those campy’s sew ups?

not sure… but, they look like it.
bike hasn’t arrived yet.

[quote=“artblur”]not sure… but, they look like it.
bike hasn’t arrived yet.[/quote]

what do you plan to fetch for em?
I have a set so I’m curious, as I’m unsure whether or not they will get used on the build I was planning or not.

[quote=“frankstoneline”][quote=“artblur”]not sure… but, they look like it.
bike hasn’t arrived yet.[/quote]

what do you plan to fetch for em?
I have a set so I’m curious, as I’m unsure whether or not they will get used on the build I was planning or not.[/quote]
5 million dollars.

i’m not sure … i figure about $250ish on eBay