A safe space to complain about jackass humans

I don’t know if this is just a legend or not but my manager at a bike shop I used to work at told me that the owner of the store got the money to open his own store after taking a dive on the hood of car going the wrong way in high park.

I can’t even get into describing the situation that happened to the wife and her preschool class with a driver in the parking lot of a fucking park yesterday. But the TL/DR version is that a blockhead in a tinted shitbox almost hit a bunch of kids then acted like a weird little guy about it. Humans that self identify as “car drivers” are trash. Wife has a temper and is not afraid to go ballistic but had to keep calm because pulling this jackass through his window would be unacceptable in front of the kiddos.

7 Likes
5 Likes

I’m not sure that’s true at all.

1 Like

Yeah, watching a preschool teacher physically defend her charges against a dangerous driver sounds like just what the doctor ordered to me!

2 Likes

Was biking into work today and was going through this intersection that cars are constantly rolling/running through the red light to turn right. This guy in a 4Runner with all the offroad packages (naturally) is rolling up to and through the light and hasn’t looked up from his phone until I yell “EYES UP” at him. He gives me that feeble little honk then pulls up alongside me as I’m cruising along at like 17mph.

“Do you always yell at people?”
“YEAH I DO WHEN THEY ARE LOOKING AT THEIR DICK INSTEAD OF THE ROAD”
"Bleeehhh I only looked down for one second - "
“I DON’T FUCKIN CARE! I KNOW YOU WERE GONNA ROLL THAT LIGHT!”
“Blheeh bleeh do you have to -”
“AND WHAT YOU’RE DOING NOW IS REAL SAFE TOO DIPSHIT”

and away he goes ~~~

Got to blow by him at the next light and yell “TRY NOT TO KILL ANYBODY TODAY” so this was a wholly gratifying experience for me

Not sure what these insecure little rich dweebs think they are going to convince me of. Are you about to tell me I’m rude because you’re embarrassed for looking at your phone? Eat my shit dumbass

18 Likes

Well played, sir!

7 Likes

I’M ON A BIKE THE WHOLE ROAD IS MY DICK

20 Likes

only problem is she might get shot because America is like that

1 Like

Or get fired because she is a teacher and supposed to act like a professional, which she did

1 Like

I feel like I should stop yelling at these guys because I’m a fairly recognizable dude around the neighborhood (I presume) but at the same time, it’s so pleasurable to have these douchebags think they can bully me because I’m on a bike and they are in a car and then just to have a cathartic screamo match with them

I always want to know what their after action report is. Does the guy tell his wife that a fat guy on a bike called him a dipshit and told him to stop looking at his dick?

8 Likes

I definitely go this route. My goal is to completely ruin their day. Want to endanger my life? Cool. Enjoy this experience that you will likely be stuck thinking on it for some time and be a little grumpy Gus about it too.

7 Likes

On the flipside of yesterday’s interaction, I yelled at somebody who was inching their way through a right turn on red where I had right of way and they thanked me! So hell yeah I yell at people!

Inchers are the worst. They make me irrationally angry.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s irrational! They see a vulnerable person in their path, and they are allowing their car to creep towards that person! It’s one more bit of normalized sociopathy that drivers participate in.

3 Likes

I don’t even like it when the car next to me starts to creep forwards. Doesn’t even have to be someone in the crosswalk, as soon as I see that bit of movement in my peripheral vision I start to feel rage.

2 Likes

They always have the slowest reaction time when the light turns green, always.

5 Likes

ALWAYS. it killllls me

2 Likes

Of course they do, they’re too distracted

Yeah, it’s hard to pay attention to the light when you’re watching Selling Sunset on your phone like the jackass I saw this morning.