AB's "Not Sure" & "Average" & "huh?" thread

File under “huh?”

26x4.0 Originate tires.
http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/02/10/project-fatbike-origin-8-devist-8er-26-x-4-0-fatbiketires/#more-39905
thoughts?

$40 MSRP is nice, but heavier by a bunch (600g) than the 4.5" Larry’s.

Huh?

“With carbon as a material it just turns into heat when you flex it”.

this video is painful to watch.

I’m not gonna call bike protective services or anything, but I am butthurt.

[quote=NoahGenda]26x4.0 Originate tires.
http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/02/10/project-fatbike-origin-8-devist-8er-26-x-4-0-fatbiketires/#more-39905
thoughts?

[/quote]

lulz at heavy-ass tire x white bros carbon fork collabo.

Thoughts: it’s a tire. If on a budget, it’ll work. But fatbieks in their nature are kinda ridiculous, so might as well spend ridiculous $ on tires too, no?

EDIT: I has the 27 tpi endomorph and Larry that came stock with my pug (1510 g and 1560 g respectively), and those things are fuckin’ pigs compared to the 120 tpi versions. But they retail at $90, so maybe the devast8ers are a good value option. hmmmm…

[quote=ergott]Huh?

“With carbon as a material it just turns into heat when you flex it”.[/quote]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2011/06/23/why-you-need-a-custom-road-bike-2/

so curious as 2 who bought flyin ryans “if”!?!?

Sprinting 10-20 times in a race? Holy shit!

[quote=jimmythefly]File under “huh?”

[/quote] holy shit

Artisanal 6pack rack made for a client by Lyle Vallie, a guy I know in Vancouver.

Stupid idea, nice execution.

Too bad the dude doesn’t really know how to finish wood.

tbh: so much better than that stupid leather toptube wine holder

Disagree. Having those cans right up against the aluminum, and right on the wood, is a bad idea.

1. It’s fucking loud as shit, with a nice wood board resonator amplifying every bump you hit.
  2. Thin aluminum cans aren’t actually so durable, it doesn’t take much to go through one after it’s been rattling around for a while in direct contact with something else metal.

They need to put a few turns of twine or leather around the rim of that rack, and either under or preferably on top of the wood install a sheet of neoprene or more leather to dampen everything.

You could probably just throw a dish towel over the rack before you drop your 6 pack in to accomplish the same thing but that would look way less artisinal than leather/twine.

Anyway, that rack is stupid.

So what does that artisanal 6 pack holder do that my $6 Nashbar front rack doesn’t do?

Yeah, any argument over how to better that thing is pretty moot, atmo

If it’s meant to be the ultimate 6-pack transport rack -then it has a ways to go. but I don’t know what the actual reasons for it’s construction were.

I’m the last guy to disparage a project done purely for lulz or for fun or just to see if it could be done. Maybe as an exercise or practice for making difficult shapes and also needing them to be somewhat precise in dimension. Maybe as a talking point or stylistic fillip. All those things are fine, and I don’t really know the context of this rack.

If someone on here did it, I’d probably like it. Since it was done by someone I don’t know, they’re a fucking idiot.

I feel like there’s a lesson to be had here.

[quote=johnnyraja]If someone on here did it, I’d probably like it. Since it was done by someone I don’t know, they’re a fucking idiot.
[/quote]

Both the best and worst aspects of Tarck all rolled into one.