AB's "Not Sure" & "Average" & "huh?" thread

The rotor could still remain fixed.

Yeah. I don’t get how that would be compatible with rim brakes either. Maybe with really limited travel and rims with a super wide brake track but still seems pretty sketch.[/quote]

I don’t see how it would be compatible with disk(disc?) brakes either - the caliper isn’t going to move with that janky hub - its affixed to the fork/frame. I think the only kind of brake that would be compatible would be a drum brake which is obviously out of the question.[/quote]

Just think about it for a minute and you’ll get it.

Ah - yeah I got it now. derp.

I take offense to that :colbert:[/quote]

Stop drinking Mountain Dew. It’ll rot your teef out.

PS I grew up in Texas and had a mullet for 5+ years so I know what I’m talking about.[/quote]
Lulz. Must admit to partaking in teh dew quite a lot in the past. Haven’t touched that shit in a few years. Now in flyover state coffee abuse crew just like my parents. Sweeeet.

uhhhhhh

good effort, but that must shift like absolute shit.

wait, wut? crabon?

So, is it now possible to have a bike made entirely of carbon now?

diamond bushings with graphite lube

carbon black rubber for the tire compound

crabon chain would be a pita though, and nobody’s done carbon pedal spindles yet either

all tenderholes will quiver in unison upon such an accomplishment

BOOSH

except for threaded retainers, pedal spindles, chains and bearings, yes.
but bearings can be ceramic.
I don’t see why somebody hasn’t made compressed carbon spindles. They would weigh more and wear faster, but that hasn’t stopped any of this other carbon shit

they have made hubs with tubular carbon axles, but that works coz supported at both ends and compressed by qr

1982 Paul Sadoff (pre-Rock Lobster)

That thing is awesome.

i’m not a fan of asymmetry but i kind of like that. i wonder if it makes double-shifts harder or easier.

looks like a rock lobster decal on the ST…

[quote=that guy]1982 Paul Sadoff (pre-Rock Lobster)

[/quote]

Beautiful. Dunno about the asym either.

gold headset

:bear:

Bah! I was gonna say that!

Guessing the sticker came later.