All things MTB (old)

26er is put away for the season, gonna be a real drag going back to the rigid 29er for snowy singletrack. Beats not riding though I suppose

Any thoughts on this Spot crank?

For that price, I’d say fuck it, order some and tell us how they are. When I get home from work, I’m probably gonna see if there’s a 170mm version to order.

Does anyone have any experience with the wtb Mutano? I’m salivating at the prospect of lightweight 2.4" tires and the tread looks like something I could get along with.

Not sure of weight but I just put a set of 2.4 racing ralphs on a scalpel and the pick it up weight test didn’t seem too much different from the 2.25 RR’s that were on there before.

Helmet cam intro is nutso

[youtube]xkuxobL42yo[/youtube]

Put in 22ish miles on the mtb today at Annadel State Park. It is truly the best XC riding I’ve ever done. Super chunk all around, great descents and technical climbs.

bunned i didnt go to annadel, ende dup going to auburn and doing bro shuttle runs instead. was still rad but i felt a bit out of place in my head to toe lycra riding a 29er…

in other news, going to ucsc tomorrow morning. plans for ~4k ft of climbing. going to be epic.

I aim to get up to Annadel monthly in '12, I’ll keep you in the loop.

Ruh roh. Picked up SS 29er frame from Face. Will be building up as rigid untilnI can afford a decent squish fork. Should be perfect for demo and any rides that dont have long +20% grades.

LMK if you need parts. I have a bunch of MTB stuff I’m getting rid of - seatpost, seatpost collar, saddle, alt bars, stems, some baller disc brakes…

Only things I need are a crank and spd’s. I have the rest.

I have some Truvative Fire cranks - 2-chainring, with the ‘middle’ and ‘granny’ of a traditional triple. Cheap, but brand new.
Also a pair of Eggbeaters in great condition with two sets of new cleats.

[quote=Smitty]Helmet cam intro is nutso

[youtube]xkuxobL42yo[/youtube][/quote]
Damn. So rad.

Dude can manual like a motherfucker.

[quote=akasnowmaaan]
Also a pair of Eggbeaters in great condition with two sets of new cleats.[/quote]

Which eggbeaters and how many dollars?

SL, the steel ones.
$40.
Very little wear on the pedals, only real marks are on the body where I had to use some pliers to pull them off of some 20mm extensions.

Looks like I found my 2012 race bike, Kona is bringing back ti frames…
Pre-prod 2012 Kona Raijin, 44mm ht, BB30, sliding drop outs w/ der hanger or SS dropouts

http://teamseagal.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-kona-raijin-official-world-premier.html

[quote=Mr. Bear]Looks like I found my 2012 race bike, Kona is bringing back ti frames…
Pre-prod 2012 Kona Raijin, 44mm ht, BB30, sliding drop outs w/ der hanger or SS dropouts

http://teamseagal.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-kona-raijin-official-world-premier.html[/quote]

Sexy, but wait a little for their production to ramp up and knock out the first few frames. Their new Honzo frame has been a total fuck up. Lots of early/pre production frames were sold and were all sorts of messed up.

Yo that’s real hawt.

[quote=motorbacon][quote=Mr. Bear]Looks like I found my 2012 race bike, Kona is bringing back ti frames…

http://teamseagal.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-kona-raijin-official-world-premier.html[/quote]

Sexy, but wait a little for their production to ramp up and knock out the first few frames. Their new Honzo frame has been a total fuck up. Lots of early/pre production frames were sold and were all sorts of messed up.[/quote]
Probably getting a Honzo as part of the April batch. It is silly cheap through the shop.