Am I a queer for liking the Fuji Connoisseur?

Yeah these will be stupid cheap at Perfo’mance…

I dont like it. Like most prebuilt tarck bikes, it just doesn’t look right.

[quote=“bold”]
[/quote]

i saw THE CUTEST girl on on of these at the halloween critical mass in Salt Lake City.

as far as the thread goes. i like the Fuji that the OP posted

I’m getting tired of the pre-fab retro styling BS. In fact, the next Electra cruiser I see will be furiously vomited upon.

You could build or buy a better real vintage road bike for less. At some point, I’m going to put a shimano/suntour 6 speed drivetrain back on my Miyata 512 and it will be awesome.

With that said, I think the Fuji would look better with a curved fork.

The Speciale Randonneur is just the Speciale Commuter equipped as a double and a different color. Almost all of the Masi’s have similar retro styling, except some have black/white saddles and handlebar tape instead of the brown leather/natural cork combination.

I think the idea is good. The frame might even be good. But those parts are a joke. I can’t imagine spending over $1000 for anything less than 105. Microshift is only for the cheapest of the cheap. If the derailers actually are descent (microshift can make good stuff), they should have done what they did back in the day and brand them as Fuji. It least it’d look better than a brand no one has heard of (and if they have heard of it, they don’t trust it).

I think someone in the head office doesn’t want this steel resurgence to continue, so they put out the required steel frame but price it so no one will get one. Then, at the next staff meeting, they can all complain about how it didn’t work and then scrap the whole thing.

gorgeous.

Good to know… so that means the Track Comp I’ve been fantasizing about of late will be well under a grand since its MSRP is currently set at $1100 on the website. My lusting shall continue with increased vigor.

The fuji Cambridge is way more sweet.

that bianchi looks like shit with those black veloce cranks on it. If I wanted black cranks I’d just get suginos or FSA’s, campy should be silver, especially if they are going for a classic look.

This thread got me looking at the vintage and classics forum on brian forums. I should really do something with this lugged CF frame from the 80s in my closet. :frowning:
Its just a pain in the ass figuring out what parts I want to use.

how long until someone converts one of these things?

I give it about 45 minutes.

• :bear:
    not to mention 531 or Columbus and nicer lug work.

Nice Fuji, but for the money I could have a super bad ass vintage that was better bike at half the price.