an observation i've made about people who only drive cars and rides

When i ride places and meet them there it almost seems like they feel guilty like riding my bike is putting me out. anyone else notice this?

yeah!

i was going to ride out for lunch during a break in class one night and my teacher like insisted that i just get a ride with her instead, she wouldn’t understand that i was legitimately trying to get air on my bike.

but when i got back i realized i had a flat anyway. :expressionless:

putting you out what? I struggle to sustain close relationships with people who only drive cars.

yes. i see people from highschool driving piece of shit 80’s whatevers and they laugh at me when im on a bicycle. makes me lol

^^^this.

Definitely.

People at work are always offering to give me a rides home

yeah, except i try not to notice if theyre laughing

A friend of mine drives his pickup truck everywhere. He always seems puzzled when I never take him up on his offer to throw my bike in the back of his truck and just get a ride home.

Sometimes I would take the subway and walk the 2km to work instead of riding the whole way. Nearly every time I did that people were offering to give me rides back to the station after work. I think I upset some people when I refused. Riding my bike to the station would have made sense (since I was working in a bike shop), but wanting to walk 2km just blew their minds.

yep. except its random crackwhores “aye hunny, throw that pos in the back and come ride up here with me”

I think the misunderstanding from drivers is because most people dread their commute when i think most of us really look forward to it. As a matter of fact, the commute is probably the best part of my day!

Can’t wait for my 17km commute!

I’m sitting here drinking coffee, eating hummus and pita and seriously looking forward to my 6 mile commute!

+1 for commuting. it makes me more woken up and ready to work when i arrive.

When I worked at the university library I would ride to work, think about my bike all day, sit and look at my bike while I was on break and get super excited about my ride home when my shift was ending. It was the greatest job I’ve ever had. But on days when I didn’t ride, all I thought about was having to take the train home instead of riding. That made the hours really stretch on.

I wish I could commute on my bike, but my job requires me to drive a bucket truck, so that’s out.

Anyway, yesterday at the bike co-op some kids were puzzled that I prefer to ride then drive.

Kid: You should get a car!
Me: I have 2. I like this bike better
Kid: You’re stupid.

[quote=kmcdon3960]I wish I could commute on my bike, but my job requires me to drive a bucket truck, so that’s out.

Anyway, yesterday at the bike co-op some kids were puzzled that I prefer to ride then drive.

Kid: You should get a car!
Me: I have 2. I like this bike better
Kid: You’re stupid.
[/quote]
basically the same conversation i had with a coworker

haha i know what yer talking about.

anyone else have that bad habit of like checking out your bike whenever you’re hanging out around it? i always end up like zoning out on it

haha i know what yer talking about.

anyone else have that bad habit of like checking out your bike whenever you’re hanging out around it? i always end up like zoning out on it[/quote]

yea my bike is sitting right outside the window here next to a bunch of crappy bikes and some rad cannondale roadbike that looks like it’s been through hell and back. I think it’s got tar all over it.