Any ladies tried the Pearl Izumi droptail bib?

I see nashbar has these for cheap right now, and I’m interested. My current shorts are Pearl Izumi, and I like them a lot. I gather the chamois in these bibs is similar/the same as the one in my shorts, so that’s awesome. Has anyone tried these? What did you think?

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product2_10053_10052_528177_-1

As long as the chamois is the same, you should be set. I know someone that has a set of the PI bibs with that feature and she really likes them. Not sure if they’re the same as these, though.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I just now noticed they only have them in medium, which isn’t my size. Damn.

Nope. Never tried any sort of “drop tail” bibs, nor have I seen them up close. I can see how it may be a convenient feature, but it’s kind of weird. More ladies bibs would be made with a poop flap if it was truly a great idea.

Yeah, I dont’ care so much about the drop tail aspect - more that that model seems to be consistently pretty cheap!

AMZ (or any other ladies), do you have any bib recommendations for a bib novice?

The only bibs I have are part of kits, so I just have whatever brand the kit is - Champ Sys, Sfatto, Hincape, Verge.

Cripes, I just looked at a few sites and didn’t realize how expensive bibs are and how limited the selection of ladies bibs is. I just can’t see paying $150 or more for bibs!

I like my Hincape bibs quite a bit but looking online the only Hincape bibs I see are these. That’s not what I have and I don’t know anyone who has worn those. They’re not too expensive, but maybe like the “drop tail” bibs, they’re cheaper because no one wants them.

I think assos makes women’s bibs that have a similar suspender design to those hincapie ones. I think they aren’t common because they look weird. If assos makes them, it’s probably a good design.

man i pee like 2 times an hour when riding

i’d be so pissed if i had to drop trou that often

maybe get one of those funnel things?

[quote=amz]The only bibs I have are part of kits, so I just have whatever brand the kit is - Champ Sys, Sfatto, Hincape, Verge.

Cripes, I just looked at a few sites and didn’t realize how expensive bibs are and how limited the selection of ladies bibs is. I just can’t see paying $150 or more for bibs!

I like my Hincape bibs quite a bit but looking online the only Hincape bibs I see are these. That’s not what I have and I don’t know anyone who has worn those. They’re not too expensive, but maybe like the “drop tail” bibs, they’re cheaper because no one wants them.[/quote]

Thanks!

You’re right about the crappy selection out there. I keep seeing great deals on men’s bibs, but apparently there aren’t corresponding discounts for women, probably because it seems like there’s really only about 15 total different models out there.

I’ve never had much of a problem wearing men’s bibs personally…

I like my castelli stuff, but i’m not super picky. Just hate cheap stuff with nasty rubber grippers and cheap foam chamois.

^agree

on that note, check out the riva brand.
they’re cheap and pretty good quality.
dunno if the womens one has the features you want though

Aero, thanks for that. I may go try on some men’s bibs, but I worry they don’t make them small enough (I take women’s XS, which is already kind of hard to find and sucks… maybe Castelli, though…?).

there are a few womens bibs here
check the pics?!?!

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pp/road-track-bike/Cycle-Bib-Shorts/ZBBS

how does this droptail work?

[quote=EJ]
[/quote]

^not droptail - that has a zipper in the chamois. i guess drop tail just means you can undo the bib straps.

No, it has a flap that you pull out which allows the back of the bibs to split.

Jordan is a XXL, ya heard!

Jordan is a XXL, ya heard![/quote]

What can I say? I’m a lot of woman.