apartment bike storage

protip - store your bikes on your bed, sleep on the floor

I was at this house where a bunch of cyclists lived a few months ago. One of the guys was on the Livestrong team, and his room had four bikes (top-of-the-line Treks, of course) on two floor-ceiling dual-bike stands, rollers, a trainer, and a giant pile of gear, clothes, helmets, supplements, and random componentry. The only non-bike things in there was a small bed in the corner and a laptop.

i put bikes on top of my desks, on the window still, and right infront of the door. The key is spreading them out instead of one big clump you can’t avoid

3 bikes in a 11’x11’ dorm room with 2 people can’t be wrong

In regards to the tension mount racks, you should always screw them into the ceiling and/or floor.

You’ve seen EJ and AMZ’s bike room right? It looks amazing. They even built a freestanding rig to hang bikes by their wheels, but they ended up just using it for frames and spare wheels. The 6-bike floor stands cost about $80. You can only fit three on each one if you have them backed against the wall. But to be able to organize 6 bikes for $160, it isn’t bad.

not like youre using it for anything else, amirite?

New apartment has carpet. Guess I can’t use tension mount racks?

i hung my bike in the closet at my last place. used a cut up cloths hanger to hold the front wall on the closet pole. worked pretty well but i think it may have been lucky in terms of the size of closet. YMMV

Rig a pully system like in the beginning of that Nada Surf video

Then every morning you can be in the most boring music video every made!

[quote=CeeGee]I’ve got this one from performance:

No complaints and it keeps my bikes out of the way[/quote]

Like many others I have this one, and it fits the four bikes quite nicely (with your added pads). I also have a cheaper wall leaner type. Though I cannot go as far as LB and say they have saved any relationship of mine, I know they did appease a roommate or two and keep my apts a little tidier. I did luck out and get the performance rack on craigslist for like $20.

I keep looking back at this and long for the days when I first moved in and things seemed nice and neat. Left rack now holds two wheelsets inside the teal IRO.

doin it rite

not like youre using it for anything else, amirite?[/quote]

occasionally i move the bike into the hallway to shower.

shower with the bike to keep it squeaky clean

Done that. Still maintain its the best way to clean a chain.

I built a tension rack, Mine is not pretty but it get the job done and only cost about $15.00. If you wanted to one could take the time to finish it nice with some stain etc. The photo f the top is looks really weird and I have since made them with two lab bolts and it in creases the rigidness of the unit.

1 2x4
2 hardware store wall mount racks
4 long screws
two lag bolts
optional some sort of padding for the celling and floor, and sandpaper.

hardware

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh man, I could be down with making one of those.

Not too hard, and can be done really well as far as teh top and bottom go. Hunt through Home Depot to find some thing cool to use, and you’re golden.

On the top and bottom I used kayak padding, but carpet pieces or carpet padding would work just as well.

The top timberland boots can be opened for ventilation while the bottom sash remains closed. timberland shoes ,the never fading popularity. Classic design with the guaranteed quality, make this cheap timberland boots very popular in recent maket, to the end of the buffer with aboriginal mens timberland boots were suddenly joined the rich arrangements, all about being tortured in the making of shoes.
Know about the timberland boots,you may interested about the fashion bags.It is extremely important to read the article of the position of the seller carefully. See if the seller indicates that the Coach purse or coach wallets is what it is supposed to be authentic Coach.Besides the coach ,you should take attation to the burberry outlet,may be the burberry to satisfy your needs