b-roll can't find the vintage MTB thread

A friend is selling this very nice CDale F1000 and I don’t know where to post.

Dat build-it’ll knock your Sachs off.

1 Like

That’s super cool.

Please someone buy this thing so I won’t.

It’s an old bike in ok shape. Offer him $200 for it.

Or spend $200 on a better old bike.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2 Likes

You clearly don’t know much about me.

1 Like

Walked into a shop and…whoa.

Fat Chance, fillet-brazed GT Psyclone(highly likely by Nobilette), Otis Guy, Fat Chance, Salsa.

Ibis number 009. 24" rear wheel.

One of extremely few WTB Phoenix with track ends.

Speed & Research Products “The Outback”. Made in Bend, Oegon. Not common at all.

The proprieter sells modern stuff, this is more of a personal collection. Had a nice conversation and got to see a bunch of cool bikes in person.

11 Likes

forgot this thread existed.
I own and ride the Cdale previously mentioned, and it taught me how to corner better, at an age most people, I suspect, cannot be taught easily.
Still thinking of sending it to a certain bike museum but it feels a little bit like betrayal…

3 Likes

The Type-I fork on that ibis is chef’s kiss.

1 Like

Some stranges from the last 2 days in Garmisch. A speci. test bike, and this poor cool lil Cannondale forgotten and just not rusting.

Biopace!

2 Likes

That looks like a 24" rear wheel

1 Like

You might be right, seems to be a thing? It was tiny but I didn’t actually look so closely, just focused in on the flat and mansplained the brakes to my partner

edit: funny, it looks like it could be exactly this:

4 Likes

God bless internet bike nerds

3 Likes

Dunno how it can go from GRAILED in Duisburg to graved in GaPa. People move on I guess.

That’s just amazing. It’s the German shepherd of old school MTBs.

2 Likes

Nice find. I’ve always loved their old mixed wheel mtbs, not sure why.

3 Likes

Went to the opening of the Deschutes Historical Museum MTB exhibit mainly focused on local history.

6 Likes