Babby, It's Cold Outside

I don’t go nearly as far as you do, but my stupidly thick Ninja Ice gloves were totally warm yesterday morning.

Im living the bar mit life anytime it is in the low 30s. Its great, even if its a lil overkill.
Today was the first real winter ride of the year.
Took 30 minuets extra getting to work.
Mostly rode sidewalks w/fresh snow which was nice.
The roads were this awful 1mm thick sheet of ice and cars were sliding through intersections and in general being terribly unsafe.

i’ve acclimated pretty well, but between poor circulation and raynauds syndome, my fingers still can’t take the cold. i wear my lobster claw gloves A LOT. i hiked today in too light of gloves and it turned out to be windy up high and one of my finger tips is still numb 3 hours later :frowning:

Gonna plug Castelli’s Diluvio gloves for shitty but not full-on deep freeze weather.
they’re just neoprene, but cut well for cycling. The worst they’ve seen are wet, overcast days with temps in the 40’s. Hands weren’t warm, but felt ok, and they let you shift normally. Nice length up the wrist, too. As a tall person, I appreciate having the gap between cuff and glove well covered.

They do look a little weird as casual gloves if you wear them around town, though.

I have those gloves. They’re ok, but I think you need to have big hands (which I do) to really pull them off. They’re not particularly warm, but they keep the water and wind off. My seams started leaking after like a year, but they’re still solid.

If you don’t want to pay $35 for a few pieces of neoprene, Amazon is littered with $15 pairs of diving and sailing gloves.

I am in this cru in one of the consistently snowiest and coldest areas in the contiguous US, feels bad. Gotta bust out the insulated lobster claws PLUS pogies below like 10 F unless I’m just commuting, then I can deal with numb painful fingers for the 20-30 minutes after they lose feeling and before bloodflow starts coming back. It’s weird dedicating a significant amount of brainpower to having an effective glove layering system in 10 degree increments. The weird thing is, even on extended rides, I eventually gain back feeling and the pain goes away, but it always takes a while for my hands to go “oh yeah, I remember! we can actually do stuff outside in the cold!” Wish my fingers just had decent circulation…

Is there some sorta battery pack warmer thingy you could put in lobsters or pogies? Especially for super sensitive hands or raynauds syndrome people. It’s not like it’s a luxury, it’s kind of a necessity.

I’ve seen heated grips, pretty sure there’s stuff that goes under bar tape too. There’s gotta be something that goes inside the glove too for winter sports or motorcycles.

I am in this cru in one of the consistently snowiest and coldest areas in the contiguous US, feels bad. Gotta bust out the insulated lobster claws PLUS pogies below like 10 F unless I’m just commuting, then I can deal with numb painful fingers for the 20-30 minutes after they lose feeling and before bloodflow starts coming back. It’s weird dedicating a significant amount of brainpower to having an effective glove layering system in 10 degree increments. The weird thing is, even on extended rides, I eventually gain back feeling and the pain goes away, but it always takes a while for my hands to go “oh yeah, I remember! we can actually do stuff outside in the cold!” Wish my fingers just had decent circulation…[/quote]

yeah, it’s basically always that hump to get over… hands get colder, colder, colder, painful, numb, painful, feeling coming back, feel fine hopefully for the rest of the ride (Unless there’s a long downhill)… then they get cold again as soon as i get home and my blood pressure drops and i’m shivering around the house at 65 degrees.

this winter and last i have been primarily mtn biking and i think the slower speeds + moving my upper body more makes a huge difference, as my hands do not get nearly as cold as they do when road biking or commuting.

I saw some gloves that had a little pocket for chemical heaters right on the veins on your wrist. Seems like it would keep you nice and toasty.

Outdoor Research has some battery powered heated gloves. They ain’t cheap though.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/US/en/stormtracker-heated-gloves/p/2433280001005
https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/en/lucent-heated-gloves/p/2433710001005

[quote=NOVELTYNAME][quote=NOVELTYNAME]https://www.ebay.com/itm/RockBros-Road-Bike-Winter-Gloves-Handlebar-Mittens-Hand-Warmers-Covers-Black/273001546978?epid=25012224819&hash=item3f902904e2:g:xGMAAOSwA~VaRgTI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cycling-Waterproof-Mittens-Handlebar-Windproof-Warmer-Gloves-Winter-Covers-Bike/173102636772?hash=item284db89ee4:m:mI4sMAhoUKN_f6g0Ux-yWNQ

Just got these for ~$20
There’s some branding but IDC[/quote][/quote]

seriously. 45 degrees and my hands are too hot. they work on drop bars with shakes. get em and be warm
These are almost too hot for 45freedom degrees + defeet neons

If its above 45 I dont need gloves, or bar mitts.

I never understood gloves rated for temps in the high 40s and 50s… like full finger MTB gloves work for me down to the low 40s, after that I toss on the bar mitts and yea… sweat a bit.

I have a pair of beat up old full finger gloves that are mesh all along the back of the hand+fingers, great for low 40s for the first handful of miles before you warm up, cause bars be cold.

I wear gloves in all temps. Not about to shred my hands in a minor crash if something happens. Light full fingers in hot weather.

No sweaty palms on my grips either.

Stumbled across these, seems like they would be great for long stretchypants rides in the rain. Bookmarked for next winter.

After a week of sunny and 40s-50s, Winter 2 is here, with a few inches of snow forecast for this week and temps in the teens and twenties. I’m happy Minnesota saw fit to have my first full winter here be a Real Upper Midwest Experience, vs. what they’ve had the last few years.

snowed monday, wednesday, and thursday, but it’s still gonna be high 50s all weekend. thanks colorado for staying true to yourself.

still waiting on that spring snowpacolypse.

We’ve basically had groundhogs day for the last month, but as a result it’s pretty easy to manage.

28-30 at night.
32-35 during the day.

It rained a couple of times just to assure me that time was indeed moving forward.

holy fucking shit we’re getting 8+ inches of snow today and another 8 this weekend

why god why

i am so tired of this