Babby, It's Cold Outside

Where are you?

minneapolis, a place I moved to a year ago. I knew this was a possibility – winter lasting well into spring – but holy damn, riding home through thick greasy snow today was pretty fucking annoying.

oh yeah man you guys are getting walloped. I saw a bunch of shit on instagram today about that. I can’t imagine 8+ inches in early April.

9" to 13" this weekend? Ok. Whatever. That’s fine.

To be fair, the last two winters were really short, (relatively) warm, and uhhh, not snowy.

This is my first full midwest winter and it’s a goodun’

based not the large number of natives who’re acting as if this is the apocalypse, this a good old fashioned shit winter

I think we’re on 4th winter right now. It’s our longest winter on record since 1880, 167 days in a row with lows below freezing. I’m supposed to be putting peas in the ground today and the garden is still buried in snow.

there is now a blizzard happening in mid april in minneapolis

Yeah what’s up with that. I opened weather.com to see when it’s finally going to be warm here and saw a blizzard warning for yall? I guess I’ll take my sunny and 60 degrees and be happy with it.

EDIT: Holy shit, up to 25 inches already reported in Bozeman.

we’re getting over an inch an hour right now, and it is expected to snow the rest of the day, all night, and through most of tomorrow. I’m guessing we’re going to see over 14" of snow, possible a record for snowfall in april. so far in 2018 I think we had a temperature over 45 twice, maybe three times?

This mid-April blizzard can knock it the hell off already. Cripes.

Sunday morning, and it’s still snowing!

It’s already in the top-20 of snowstorms of all time for MSP and it’s still coming down, nevermind that it’s happening on April 15th.

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]Stumbled across these, seems like they would be great for long stretchypants rides in the rain. Bookmarked for next winter.
https://www.spatzwear.com/[/quote]

These are very similar to a lizardskins product I just purchased. They work fine (1xride 50/50 rain) but they are short, like, will almost cover a 6-8” sock. Enough to tuck under tights.