Badass bike parts picture thread

I’ve been told, and believe, that anything FSA that is a circle or goes in a circle isn’t worth using.[/quote]
that’s a genius heuristic

FSA Omega Compacts are my fav bars

But seatposts, bars and stems (to an extent) are just stretched out circles.

I’ve been happy with onega compacts for many years on road and cx bikes. But mostly because of the price. I’m gonna go back to non-compact when I get the chance.

Topologically almost all bike parts are stretched circles, right? A headset spacer is just a really short handlebar.

They’re just bent cylinders.

Into this. The flat top ones are also excellent.
Also have a huge setback chairpole on the NFE on Blakey’s recommendation. Works like it should.

oh yeah FSA headsets are better than average

Also had good luck with FSA headsets (although I prefer Cane Creek), bars, stems, and seatposts. The bottom brackets, however, could be used in a case study of how NOT to design a BB.

tarck you are fucking terrible

This is so good.

They’re just bent cylinders.[/quote]
Hollow cylinders

Can “cylinder” be used interchangeably? Is there a more technical term for referring to a hollow cylinder vs a solid one? I talked about cylinders all the time and it’d be cool to used correct terminology.

This is so good.[/quote]

Tube?

Cylinder describes a volume in a particular shape. hollow or not hollow are secondary descriptors.

Tube?[/quote]

Yeah, tube or pipe. Tube typically is used when referencing the outer diameter, and is used in constructing things. Pipe is used more often when the inner diameter is important, for things like carrying fluids.

That’s what I was thinking, thanks for the confirmation.

Counterpoint: pipes are usually sized by OD so all of the fittings are universal.

I’m with sandwich doctor on pipe sizing and Jimmy for usage. Pipe schedule determines wall thickness and thus ID. And tubing is similar but WT comes from BWG. An x" tube has a different OD (actually x") to an x" pipe (usually > x" until larger sizes, and >x mm for all DN sizes).