Badass bike parts picture thread

just in time for Shimano to announce a dropper lever:

that’ll be front shifting compatible lol

MTB pushers are dead. Get used to it.

But his fatbike has a triple!

see full size: https://i.imgur.com/saJFnlo.gif

you may notice that these circles touch, but they do not ever actually overlap.

Then the touching is a design decision rather than any necessity. What about xc bikes? Don’t some of them use both droppers and pushers?

Y’all better tell shimano lol

The new XTR is fully built around 1x. They made some kind of double, but it’s clearly a concession to the little piece of the market that loves doubles.

the double has a shifter option that only has one lever, so it would probably be able to mesh just fine with that lever

have you met shimano?

they still don’t make a subcompact crank. don’t blame “the market,” lol

I’m gonna buy the last xtr triple and sell it to some kook in 50 years.

it’s a genius idea, unlike everyone else they set the ergonomics of the dropper lever to be where the ‘release’ paddle would be on shifter, where your thumb rests with a full grip

their new shift lever is doubletap style, where the normal thumb ‘pull’ lever goes

everybody wins

the dropper lever even has a cable clamp so that it works with everything, and would make a lot of clamp-based posts less annoying to set up (by letting you reverse the cable)

Bought one of the new Ultegra clutch danglers from bike24 yesterday. There’s only 5 left in stock if anyone’s been hanging out. Though I guess they’ll be everywhere soon.

one of the big reasons to go 1x used to be access to clutch derailleurs, right?

No RX-805 in yet

other way around, clutches were what made 1x work without shitty chain devices

1x did give you access to derailleurs in the style of what SRAM calls “X-Horizon” that handle cross-chaining way better

but Shimano’s new XTR is like that and still offers 2x, they made them take up enough chain for it with a 45t

Well right, but then it turned out a clutch was a nice thing to have on chain droppy terrain and some people went 1x for them. I don’t know if that’s correct but that’s the sense I got watching it from the “nope not riding SRAM” sidelines.

I’m going to hold out for the 1 apple / 1 banana model. Or maybe just dual Snickers