Badass rider of the day II

My favorite was when he rode from Paris to Moscow. When he was 80.

dude is so badass

I met two 85 year olds one day when I was climbing Mt. Greylock, like five years ago. One guy was on a full race Cervelo, the other guy had a titanium custom frame with etched lugs. That bike was a work of art.

Anyways, I dropped into my lowest gear (had gears back then) and caterpillar-crawled up the mountain with them. They had triples and were taking their time, and we all chatted while we rode. I think I was the most winded. As it turns out, they both lived over 30 miles north of the mountain, and they were on a ride that took them over three major peaks, for a total of about 70 miles round trip.

These guys looked 85, with sunken faces and wrinkled hands. But they moved like 20 year olds, even when off the bike. No shakiness.

I plan to die on a bicycle. I hope it happens when I’m 105+.

[quote=mdilthey]I met two 85 year olds one day when I was climbing Mt. Greylock, like five years ago. One guy was on a full race Cervelo, the other guy had a titanium custom frame with etched lugs. That bike was a work of art.

Anyways, I dropped into my lowest gear (had gears back then) and caterpillar-crawled up the mountain with them. They had triples and were taking their time, and we all chatted while we rode. I think I was the most winded. As it turns out, they both lived over 30 miles north of the mountain, and they were on a ride that took them over three major peaks, for a total of about 70 miles round trip.

These guys looked 85, with sunken faces and wrinkled hands. But they moved like 20 year olds, even when off the bike. No shakiness.

I plan to die on a bicycle. I hope it happens when I’m 105+.[/quote]

Shit like this makes me feel so lazy and fat. I need to ride more.

Robbie Miranda’s a cop, now?!

Sherrif’s Deputy, actually.

Spotted at the Juggalo March on Washington.

Ha. Ian is my friend’s cousin-in-law (?) and habitually wears funny hats.

He was also in a band called minor threat

literal lulz

Saw the video a couple of days ago, from the front it just looked like regular road rash, and then as soon as she stopped that fucking massive hole in her leg was visible and holy mackerel if that had happened to me I would have not gotten back on my bike and called a Lyft to take me to the finish line.

literal lulz[/quote]

Seriously laughing.
Also if you google Ian he wears a lot of maroon hats. What a weird fucking year its been, Juggalos marching on Washington DC.

Saw the video a couple of days ago, from the front it just looked like regular road rash, and then as soon as she stopped that fucking massive hole in her leg was visible and holy mackerel if that had happened to me I would have not gotten back on my bike and called a Lyft to take me to the finish line.[/quote]

Yes, WTH! Tough as nails! Good thing she didn’t take a good look until after the finish line…

Do athletes get sent to the glue factory if they choose to stop riding because of injury?

Also, fun fact

[quote=Tail Hook Lengthener]https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/29/hail-to-the-chief-cyclist-gives-trump-the-middle-finger

[/quote]
Qft

New undie styles from the Antipodes, looks vaguely Rocky Horror, in fact is Hamish Bond, gold medal winning rower in most world champs from 2007 to 2015 and twice Olympic champion. Has taken to cycling but his skills not yet up to his motor. He had a good lead in the K2 bike race last weekend when he went down, more than once… Im not sure what kind of injury dictates this kind of bandaging.