bay area tarck

Since Austin and H-town have their own threads, I figure the preponderance of Bay Aryans means we can have one too. :colbert:

There’s an alleycat scheduled for tomorrow in Pleasanton. There’s been some drama around it, but it looks like it might actually happen.

I’m fi’n’a go. If anyone else wants to BART or even drive out that way, we could roll together. If not, that’s cool too.

There’s also a great group ride on Wednesday nights in Oakland that I take part in when I can. It meets at 7pm @ MacArthur BART. Great guys, chill pace, ends up at the Albatross and/or Lanesplitter in Berkeley. Fix Without Dix also has a ladies-only ride on Wednesday night that meets up with the dudes.

Lots of SF-based rides too, but I’m not real tuned in to 'em since I’m East Bay-based.

I Left My Heart in SF alleycat is scheduled for Valentine’s Day '09

Most of my event info comes from sffixed. If you’re local and not on the board, please join. I’ve heard people talk shit on sffixed a lot, but frankly I’ve found it to be an awesome, supportive, informative community. There’s also a very active buy n’ sell board. So if you haven’t, g’ahead and apply for membership. http://www.sffixed.com

If anyone’s up for a tarck-specific Bay Uhhrea get-together, lemme know. It would be nice to meet you creeps.

im down for a drink and get creepy type of dealy

Yes, we know. :colbert:

I’m not going to the Pleasanton race. I grew up in the area and expect nothing but the worst.

I’ll be racing the Valentine’s Day race.

I’m down for that group ride. Shoot me a PM next time you’re going and I’ll head over.

Also, I’m down to meet up, but not if sol is going.

edit: and I did apply to join sffixed once and they never got back to me. Guess I’m not welcome.

Yes, we know. :colbert:[/quote]
:bear:

east bay suburbs alleycat lol. although I lived in marin county for 8 years, so I guess I’m in no position to poke fun.

[quote=“zombie”]Also, I’m down to meet up, but not if sol is going.

edit: and I did apply to join sffixed once and they never got back to me. Guess I’m not welcome.[/quote]

I thought the same thing then went back and tried the username and password that I applied with and found that it worked.

[quote=“halbritt”][quote=“zombie”]Also, I’m down to meet up, but not if sol is going.

edit: and I did apply to join sffixed once and they never got back to me. Guess I’m not welcome.[/quote]

I thought the same thing then went back and tried the username and password that I applied with and found that it worked.[/quote]
Oh yeah. Don’t expect a confirmation message. I didn’t get one.

As predicted, the Pleasanton alleycat was fraught with fail. No one at the checkpoints, totally half-assed. Most people packed it in about halfway through and just started drinking and tricking. At least it got my ass out of the house on a gorgeous day.

This is a ways off, but it looked pretty cool.

Architecture Ride - The Reid Brothers
Sat., Jan. 17 | 1:30 pm, in front of the David Hewes Building, 995 Market St (at 6th St)

What do the Cliff House, the Fairmont Hotel, the GG Park Music Concourse bandshell and the SFBC’s Market St. headquarters have in common? They’re all projects designed by the Reid Brothers, who, in the first few decades of the 20th Century, designed an impressive number of San Francisco’s buildings. With scant professional training but plenty of hustle, these Canadian brothers left their mark across the width of our city. Come discover some of their work and hear their story. 2 hour ride, longer if we’re having fun; have a big lunch beforehand, we’ll stop somewhere for a snack; rain cancels.

Sounds like fun. Almost finished with the girl bike, she might like to do this as well.

So, I tried to resign-up a few days ago and they still haven’t given me access. Someone who’s on there give the people that run it shit and tell them to accept zombieSF.

i’m’a send a message. dicks.

I’m from San Jose. I’ve never done an alleycat but last night I dreamed I was riding a Nancy Drew themed race. I lost :frowning:

are you a chick? btw FUCK YOU!

yeah and no thanks

sup girl

sup girl, srsly

my legs are sore is what’s up.