Be Kind to the Be-Hind aka #saddlechat

Yeah, he was saying trimming tho, not actual shaving, he would have lost all credibility if he said that.

I suppose it depends on how close one trims. I’d still be concerned about doing more harm than good.

1 Like

Just trim it to bristles so your man junk hair can scrub itself cleaner than washing your junk with a lava bar.

2 Likes

Trying to get an sq labs 612 active in 13cm if anyone sees one in stock anywhere.

Is this for new bike or are you replacing your not active model?

New bike.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SQlab-612-Ergowave-S-Tube-Rail-130-Saddle-Blk/373399776828?hash=item56f05c6e3c:g:MGsAAOSwNM1f7tgr

Thanks but I’m looking for the active with the little rubber bumper thing. Probably just going to pre-order it and wait.

edit:

found it

edit2: not actually in stock.

I believe they only just started making 'em in the 612 version:

Expected to be available on 18.06.2021

Nah, I’m wrong. Was thinking of that R version. Lots of 12cm and 14cm versions floating around.

Was just given this vintage 3TTT saddle from the son of a postwar era racer, cut down to 100mm at the widest point.

Gives new meaning to the term hatchet.

5 Likes

it’s now 1.5TTT

11 Likes

Do I want the SQ?
Diving into a new saddle makes me so nervous

1 Like

I still like mine. No numbness or anything during outdoor rides. my butt gets bored during longer trainer sessions but nothing like a conventional saddle.

1 Like

I’ve found it takes all of the weight off the perineum and puts it squarely on my sit bones. Took a bit of getting used to but now I love it. Seems my hiney has adapted to it and riding the Katu with stock saddle is a little uncomfortable now.

1 Like

Also, still liking mine.

I did ~90m on the trainer yesterday. Had to stand up for a few seconds on two occasions. I consider that a great success.

And the active shit isn’t snake oil?

I think Turp is the only one who’s been on both. There’s definitely some flex, but not so much your buttcheeks are sliding past each other or anything. I tend to “steer from the hips” and it’s not detrimental like a short nosed saddle.

1 Like

I don’t have the active. It’s not in stock anywhere. I just have regular.

I want the active but the regular is also good.

theyll be in later this week per the website

I have no interest in the “active”.