Bent cylinders that exist but you wish didnt.

Forgot I snapped this on commute last week June 21. So more than 2 weeks

it seems less comfortable than a helmet though, like when it’s hot i don’t want to wear a scarf?

[quote=daedelus]Speaking of weird rapha products:
https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/slides/product/SLI02XX[/quote]
besides these being way overpriced, these kinda sandals are a common site at races everywhere.

Gimme the plastic Birkenstocks or adidas adilettes any day.

There was a great security camera video clip of that inflatable hamlet misfiring as someone was walking around the lobby of a business but I can’t find it again.

Iunno how to embedstagram but here it is:

That’s awesome!

Its been said before, but…

Just don’t wear a helmet if you don’t want to wear a helmet ffs

But wouldn’t you rather wear a big hot heavy explosive scarf?

I think they’re great and plan on buying one for supwife. She hates her helmet and would happily wear one of those. They’re really popular here and most home insurance will cover most of a replacement when it pops.

She only wears her helmet at all because I heavily insisted.

All ex sups hated wearing hamlets because it ruined their hair. One crashed pretty hard and had a hamlet on and first thing she did was buy a new hamlet.

Weren’t those headbags 800 dollars or something obscene?

Just over $300…

Supwife hates her helmet because of the hair thing too. She likes to ride to her office, but occasionally has to make a TV or newspaper appearance, so it’s not unreasonable to want to look alright, not that it would be anyway…

Plus, if you get hot neck or whatever you can always just wear your helmet? Diff folks/strokes, dudes.

I think the phrase is
Folks want options

that’s just what things cost in scandinavia

Surprised this wasn’t posted yet. I know it’s prototype, but seriously?

I think we’re just numb to dumb CeramicSpeed bullshit.

RE helmet hair:

One of sup’s coworkers ordered a brand new motorcycle for commuting to work. When he went to the dealer to pick it up, he learned (for the first time, somehow) that you have to wear a helmet, which would mess up his hair. So he canceled the whole deal and now drives to work.

[quote=ergott]Surprised this wasn’t posted yet. I know it’s prototype, but seriously?

[/quote]

I thought it was kinda interesting until they got to the part about requiring a high pressure to keep the rollers contacting the cassette… also the fact that they didn’t bother designing the shifting portion before showing it off really bothered me.

[quote=joy of vaping]RE helmet hair:

One of sup’s coworkers ordered a brand new motorcycle for commuting to work. When he went to the dealer to pick it up, he learned (for the first time, somehow) that you have to wear a helmet, which would mess up his hair. So he canceled the whole deal and now drives to work.[/quote]
That is so embarrassing. I bet the people at the dealership like to tell this story too.

One ride through a puddle and that drivetrain with all those tiny bearings will be trashed.