Best track chain?

What the hell man… if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t even be riding SRAM PC-1’s :colbert:

You know every chain is quiet as hell once I squirt some of grandma’s secret banana bread ingredient (Tri-Flow) up in that drivetrain.

Izumi eco is the way to go.
There are some nice weird KMC’s a drilled one and a stainless one.
I have always hated the Sram 1/8 chains though that may not be their fault as they were associated with a crappier bike and lots of rain.

[quote=“skipbrakes”]Izumi eco is the way to go.
[/quote]
+

KMC INOX

I find track chains confusing. There is a huge range in price, but I’m not really sure what it is you’re getting for your money when you buy a top quality chain. And yet, I still do it because I figure the chain is one area I don’t want to skimp, just in case…

(talking about track bikes – i don’t care what chain i run on a bike with brakes)

I have and am a fan of the KMC superlite. and will probably get a sram for my ss mtb build.

Totally… 3/32 FTW.

what do you guys think of this chain? i can’t decide if i like it or not

I think it’d be a lot more effective with a chainring of some sort. Looks cool, I guess.

i wannt me sum 18$ HKK vertex tarck chainz off njs-kieren.blogspot.com
but shippings a bitch…

^ i dont know if that chain is hot piece of sht or piece of sht…

With a url like that, I think it’s safe to assume they’re the former… places like that only deal in the hottest of sht.

talking about the oval shimano chain or teh NJS suppa sickz HKK used?

Oval Shimano looks neat. If I had a 1/8" drivetrain on anything, I’d give it a whirl for $23. This is tarck, it’s about form before function.

I know I do. I have a SRAM chain on every single ride in the personal fleet = PC1, PC58, PC48, PC 991, and PC1070. PC48 and 58 were the old names for their 3/32" 6,7,8 speed chain and they are not the 830 or 850 I think.

Fucking hate my sram PC1, Dont know how you guys are set up, but my shit has stretched soo much riding brakeless, feels soo unsolid and scares me. Im trying to upgrade to an hkk or izumi as soon as possible.

I’ve never used a PC-1, but I love the Wipperman Whitestar chain. I picked up five of them on eBay for like $10, so I have no idea what they normally cost.

i got some izumi chain, the cheap one for something like $15 a while back when i ordered parts.
finally put it on recently and i gotta say. much nicer than the KMC that was on prior. nice chain.

SRAM PC-1 is most boring because real messengers all use it around here.

I like KMC 710, not the SL one but the cheaper standard Kool Chain 710, quiet and nice looking. On the other hand that oval shimano chain is pretty hot looking too.

Anybody know what it is you are getting for the money when you buy a chain that is 50 or more bucks? They are obviously produced to higher standards, but is it just overkill?

My friend rolls with an izumi, Its just something you have to ride to understand, feels better, assurance that your chain will NEVER break, wont wear as quickly or stretch. If you look at them up close an compare, cheap chains just look like trash.