Big tires on an MA2

Today I scored a pair of NOS Mavic MA2s (for £10 each :bear: :colbert: ). They are 20mm wide, old school box section rims; will i die if I run a 32+mm tire on them?

I’m running a 35c Randonneur on one now.

20 bones each? lucky dog!

You will die. In fact, those rims are very dangerous. PM me and I’ll give an address to send them to, so they can be properly handled.

Aight I will take that as a “no you won’t die” from bonechilling. Thanks.

Yes tepr, I’m really happy to have come across them. All praise to tarckbear the generous.

you will be fine. have you seen the rims that come on modern high end mountain bikes? the rims aren’t any wider than what you have, and people run 2.3+inch tires. same thing with cyclocross - people run road racing wheels with 35c tires. i am using aeroheads with 34/35c tires on my cyclocross bike currently. and my 29er has rims about as wide as yours, with 29x2.3 tires.

Back in the early 90s, I had a set of 26" MA2’s on my mountain bike with tires up to 2.1" wide. No problems at all other than the fit being VERY tight.

Chris

Mander, you need an avatar. Allow me to suggest this guy.

Lols. Done!

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]Mander, you need an avatar. Allow me to suggest this guy.
[/quote]

Did you get that photo from me? Because the photographer is a friend of mine and I’ve posted that here before. I wasn’t sure if anyone else was aware of the ironic-Florida-neck-tattoo-guy, outside of my circle of friends.

The top timberland boots can be opened for ventilation while the bottom sash remains closed. timberland shoes ,the never fading popularity. Classic design with the guaranteed quality, make this cheap timberland boots very popular in recent maket, to the end of the buffer with aboriginal mens timberland boots were suddenly joined the rich arrangements, all about being tortured in the making of shoes.
Know about the timberland boots,you may interested about the fashion bags.It is extremely important to read the article of the position of the seller carefully. See if the seller indicates that the Coach purse or coach wallets is what it is supposed to be authentic Coach.Besides the coach ,you should take attation to the burberry outlet,may be the burberry to satisfy your needs