Bike blerg thread

Ha yes I think so! I’ve been planning group rides for 2.5 years in Denver and am having to get real creative to not re-trace previous routes. I really like finding the older neighborhood paths along creeks that don’t exactly connect perfectly but do make for some serene moments. The hard part is leading 10-20+ people through it all… from the front of a tandem…

2 Likes

Yeah it sounds like I’ll be switching over as soon as I bust my current login session on Strava

1 Like

oops

Jan be Jannin’, but it’s about my buddy Don, so that’s cool. His brother is on my road team.

2 Likes

From a FB group: Use a rubber band or hair tie to hold stem bolts during install.

25 Likes

For some reason thought Bicycle Secrets thread was NuTarck. What is even Time anymore?

3 Likes

Fucka Felt

5 Likes

Hahaha

1 Like

All Felts are bastards

4 Likes

lol tone deaf af, felt social media!

2 Likes

Patron saint of fancy paintjobs on production bikes weighs in with…

… a fancy paintjob on a production biek

6 Likes

nice crosscheck erik

3 Likes

Came here to say nice surly

1 Like

It’s like Blue Lug but… more metal.

1 Like

Crosschecks are great. I love my crosscheck.

1 Like

All crosschecks are just crosschecks with the same geometry

10 Likes

That’s funny, the only bike I have EVER heard my wife say “thats a nice bike” about, was my buddies copper-plated Straggler.

3 Likes

My Surly brand bicycle Crosscheck (like capital C) is definitely not the best bike I’ve ever had, but it’s done light offroading, touring, commuting, road riding, and probably some other stuff I’m forgetting now.
I’ve done basically zero maintainence on it in the decade that I’ve had it (a new chain once? New brake pads?), I’ve stuck tires from 25-55mm on it, and have used it as a depository for all the parts that come off of other bikes.

It doesn’t have the elegantly refined ride quality of a nice bike built to my measure, but it fills about five niches and refuses to die.

7 Likes

Erik’s crosscheck is one of my favourite bikes ever, doesn’t make it less bad that he is a nice guy (IRL friend) and has beaten the fuck out of that bike in probably every way imaginable. It’s legit :tarckbear::tarckbear::tarckbear:
I know this will come off as “AcTuAlLy It’S nOt PaInTeD”, but that’s an industrial copper plate finish he did way back in 2011.

This is way back when it was fresh:

How it finished his first PBP:

10 Likes

That finish is super fuckin cool

1 Like