Bike blerg thread

The fact that that thing retails for the same price as a King is wild.

1 Like

Lmao look at how shitty the pictures on their website are

http://www.whiteind.com/headsets

I’m not super picky about finish on stuff but I’m not a customer who buys premium

1 Like

holy fuck them are some bad stock photos

like all this drama over a $0.30 O ring?

1 Like

let me tell you about a cold morning in January 1986

6 Likes

Makes me wonder if their freewheels being rebuildable is a good thing.

1 Like

I’m not going to defend them on that encounter, sounds like it could have been handled better. I do have a couple anecdotes about them though.

I have some old ass WI hubs on my fop bike. I basically found em and decided to restore them if I could. Aloomlum freehub body was absolutely cooked, and I happen to be from Petaluma so I go and ask them if they have replacements still. They didn’t. Then they said leave it with us and we’ll see what we can do. Four hours later they called me and left a message, basically we had to make some weird stuff and you’ll need to use some different bearings from now on but we got one of our standard ti freehub bodies on there and you can pick it up whenever. Fresh pawls, ti freehub, new bearings, no charge. I haven’t had to touch it since. EDIT: I think I did pay for the freehub body. Still a great experience

When I ordered the cranks (in large part of my hub experience) they sent the wrong color accent/spindle covers. I emailed them and said “I have the wrong colors, what do I need to do to get the right ones?” They just confirmed the color I wanted and sent them.

16 Likes

naw man, I saw a video that says they suck.

6 Likes

I quit insta
Can someone translate

3 Likes

What’s the story (that fellow’s got his instagram all locked down so you need an account to see the video) ?

1 Like

Seriously I am 5 minutes away from ordering another WI FW

1 Like

Do it. It’s just stupid internet drama. If you got WI stuff that works you probably wouldn’t sweat the video. You know more than all the people that are gonna get worked up and pissy because a dude with some following posted one bad experience.

What was the bad experience
Edit: I’ve called there twice and the wife lady was really nice

1 Like

Internet personality has moosa headset with dinged top cap and missing oring.

3 Likes

post can’t be empty

what I have from WI has been worth the $$.
So I’m a shill. Fuck off.

2 Likes

The main issue seemed to be bad customer service, like they didn’t automatically send the right stuff instantly and instead were kinda rude about it.

Oh the horror.

And he can’t drop them a note asking about replacement parts? I guess email is a lost art these days.

I spent a lot of time bothering them about replacement axle ends for their first generation hubs, and other than being really confused that people were still using them they were really nice about it. Not white glove enough for an internet personality, I guess?

1 Like

I’ve only had great experience, would buy from again if wallet allowed

1 Like

having watched the story and not having any idea or give a fucks about who it is posting, i can say that WI sounds like a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with in this particular issue and complaining on social media is how you get changes in customer service these days.

6 Likes