Bike blerg thread

I’m in

2 Likes

That’s a fecking seagull, not a magpie !

1 Like

Teamwork makes the dream work

2 Likes

that guy has a laptop stand on his bars!!

4 Likes

7 Likes

User requests alloy rim brake rim that will last 20 years without service riding 7000 miles per year including wet weather. User is 240 lbs but offers to drop to 170.

3 Likes

I have some wheelsets nearing 20 years old—replaced one rim because I crashed but they were otherwise rebuilt because nipples were cracking from salt air (would be fine in new england but I moved to venice beach). Have another wheelset that I feel is a ticking time bomb, you’ll get a kick out of them. Sun Ringle Venus race only rims with an american classic front and hugi 240 rear, I think built up 20/24 with fat bladed spokes? They still look fine though…

2 Likes

that poster is from trinidad and tobago

Did that get posted a minute ago?

I think it’s why my new bag took a month longer than they said it would.

hmmm…
I feel that better QA might have picked up such an issue sooner so they only had to recall about 69 brackets

4 Likes

I dunno where else to post this, but this thread fees most appropriate?

28 Likes

That meme is basically me asking for a mtb but braden telling me to get a karate monkey

11 Likes

blessed to fit on every company’s medium and/or 54 with no drama or discomfort

1 Like

some companies’ XXL is tantalizingly close for me now, but it’s still in the -17 130mm stem and 30mm setback seatpost territory. Like you get one position on this frame, hope it works for you.

I eagerly await the day when all companies make a 72sta 74hta 62cm tt road frame.

For cargo i don’t give a fuck (but am getting a custom seatpost for my longjohn so maybe at least one teeny fuck?)

To expand on this I want the diamond shape of a kona humu with the double top tube and the geometry and truss fork of a jones swb

Sooo…. Get a karate monkey

14 Likes

:colbert: :colbert:

1 Like

But also:

8 Likes

with the GBP-USD exchange rate down to parity and prices not adjusted yet, is it the right time for you to order a frameset in 853 Pro Team from Mercian?

they’ll do oversized tubing, fillet brazing, and disc tabs as options

6 Likes