Bike blog thread

This was me a little over a year ago. Being out of work for so long changed that.

^fixed both problems, I imagine.

That it did. Although, I still consider myself a newer rider. I mean, I’ve only been cycling for a few years.

Truth. He usually expresses his approval for such bikes in the form of a backhanded compliment, but yeah.

I think the internet is largely to blame for this phenomenon. There are plenty of people who just ride their bikes without taking pictures when there is a light mist rising from the canal, or when buying an artisinal baguette at the farmers’ market, but the bikes belonging to those people are not the ones you see.

And you don’t have a blog yet? How do you get people to send you free stuff to review?

T/C I kinda want to start a blog, but don’t have the patience or time to deal with the bullshit aspects like posing for photos and rambling on for 5 pages giving excruciating and unnecessary details about everything I do.

Fact of the matter is, I like the idea of sharing experiences and imparting knowledge - but most people who do this do it in such a bullshit way that I can’t get past the bullshit enough to join their ranks.

TC if amy had a blog i would read it and i am positive it would be better than lovelybike
TC also i might make fun of you too if you posted some bullshit…but i know you can take it

Maintaining a blog requires a deep, inalienable sense somewhere within you that everyone in the world needs to know what you think. Not everyone is cut out for it Amy. Some of us, however unfortunately, possess the qualities of shame and humility.

^this guy gets me

True confession: I had a blog in 2005. It was during a pretty low time in my life and writing helped me sort out some shit. I killed it when it ceased to be theraputic and I started to be overwhelmingly concerned about what the readers were thinking about me. I still have a copy of it on my hard drive.

I did meet some really great people through it. People I still keep in contact with.

Days that end word press is a great bike blog

[quote=TimLOKOed]On the other side of the “new rider with too much money” equation, check out this blog.

Somehow I just feel like she gets it.[/quote]

she mad: http://www.pedal-strike.com/?p=1310

http://torm.cc/ actually looks pretty sweet and reasonably priced

“After a period of not selling any jerseys we are now back in the jersey business. We have been in dispute with another manufacturer and we made a pragmatic decision to alter our current stock of jerseys.” — assume it was Rapha being the bully?

I know this guy who rides rando-distances all the time, camps out, explores gravel forest service roads, etc. He’ll take his tele skis on his bike up into the mountains and ski for a day, camp, ride home the next morning.

You’ve never heard of him. You’ve probably never seen pictures of him.

It’s crazy how I can think of all these bad-ass adventurers and these rando hard-men. And then, like something out of a movie this guy could show up at a ride or event or story-telling hour and one-up them all. The internet almost gives this false sense of information overload, where if I haven’t heard about it here it doesn’t exist, but there are all these people and things that exist outside the web and who couldn’t care less about posting about what they do or if anyone else ever knows about them.

new rider with too much money = NRWTMM

i feel like im not that guy, but i also think i am.

also, i got a pretty great domain name and i’ll have a blog soon. idgaf what you guys think about nothing im an artist and successful artists have to document everything or they are just weird people.

As a guy who works alone and has to actively take part in his own “social media campaign” I’m always a little humbled that folks out in the world take the time to stop by and read what I’m on about. So- big thanks for that, and in a shameless moment of self promotion I’ll say I have added another post this morning.

I’m just excited people are happy enough about bikes to take the time to write about it. I have enough stuff to be angry about- enthusiastic enthusiasts isn’t one of them.

sheeeeeeeeeit that heart rack is dope

Lol, she thinks this frame doesn’t fit her because the top tube is too short:

Ha, I liked this:

It is almost as if there have been significant advances in cycling technology in the last 40 years. Also:

Forget her, this guy should sign up here. :bear:

Sometimes I have this urge to start up a cycling blog about the trials and tribulations of being as a lazy, high category hobby bicycle racer that has a sense of humor about it but then I just go on the internet and look at hot chick tumblers and fall asleep.

if she would get some clipless pedals no more pedal strike
also pedal strike i’ve gotten it on my track bike
it happens