Bike blog thread

I think I’m gonna plan a longer hang time trip some time this summer and I’ll hit you up. We spend most of our time SE now because my sister’s new pad is in Hillsdale.

I’m up in St. John’s now and going downtown is a chore. North portland is a paradise

North Portland has gentrified spectacularly in the last decade and is now totally awesome for the kind of bougie folks who can afford to live there.

https://www.redfin.com/neighborhood/30396/OR/Portland/St-Johns

Fixers for $250ish

Pretty much everywhere in Portland has gentrified spectacularly in the last decade and is now totally awesome for the kind of bougie folks who can afford to live there.[/quote]

FTFY

I think I’m gonna plan a longer hang time trip some time this summer and I’ll hit you up. We spend most of our time SE now because my sister’s new pad is in Hillsdale.[/quote]

Lots of good riding out of Hillsdale. Check out jbucky’s West and South rides: 12 Great Portland Road Rides - bucky rides

Pretty much everywhere in Portland has gentrified spectacularly in the last decade and is now totally awesome for the kind of bougie folks who can afford to live there.[/quote]

FTFY[/quote]

I only lived in North, can’t speak for anywhere else.

North Portland has gentrified spectacularly in the last decade and is now totally awesome for the kind of bougie folks who can afford to live there.[/quote]
this is why I work for a bank.

I live in northside cincinnati which is really on the ups.

Pretty much everywhere in Portland every city on the west coast has gentrified spectacularly in the last decade and is now totally awesome for the kind of bougie folks who can afford to live there.[/quote]

FTFY[/quote]

FTFY. not that the shitty apartments in long beach that my high school friends rented in 2006 were affordable, though

there’s still Aberdeen!

HT: every city on the west coast was formerly Aberdeen, it just never grew out of being a resource extraction shithole

[quote=JUGE FREDD]there’s still Aberdeen!

HT: every city on the west coast was formerly Aberdeen, it just never grew out of being a resource extraction shithole[/quote]

Even Longview/kelso is having a housing boom, of all godforsaken resource extraction shitholes. Proximity to I5 is key.

Longview has a nice neighborhood

Even fucking shithole Eureka, CA is more expensive than Minneapolis. Jesus. Pot money I guess.

All bikes are cross checks: https://bikerumor.com/2018/05/31/brick-lane-bikes-steel-hitchhiker-frameset-is-ready-to-hit-any-road-with-any-build/

Why does it seem like the UK is about 10 years behind the rest of the world when it comes to bikes? Saw so many sw8 fixies in London when I was there last. Maybe I’m just the guy smelling the farts, but why cantis?

Same reason why companies insist on punishing the many for the few that want to run IGH drivetrains.

California coast tax.

Sorta interesting interview with Gerard Vroomen here:

I’m not sure I agree with his assessment that what we’re currently calling “gravel” bikes will come to be a bigger category than either road or mountain, but I like that he’s out there, thinking those thoughts while designing that kind of bike for everyone.

I could definitely see “gravel” bikes outpacing the road category, as they are basically the road bikes that people almost everyone should be buying.

Agree that marketers need to come up with a better name, though.

Allroad