Bike blog thread

Who’s the necromancer that came by and resurrected this horse?

…have you met Jan?

mind. blown…because it never crossed my mind that Jan may have a tattoo

[quote=dotMR]mind. blown…because it never crossed my mind that Jan may have a tattoo

[/quote]
Pretty sure that’s not Jan. Looks like Hahn Rossman, but I can’t see enough face to know for sure.

It is Hahn: https://janheine.wordpress.com/2013/11/28/it-takes-a-team/

He was in Portland a few weeks before that was published for a big Solstice ride with some of the gnarliest gravel grinders in the area. I guess they didn’t fully convince him.

Damn.

More importantly, @ladrodibici there is another Tacker in Berlin???

Damn.

More importantly, @ladrodibici there is another Tacker in Berlin???[/quote]

Yeah, moved here from prison island recently.

I know at least two prison islander bike people in Berlin. Are you either Dan or Chaz? Long shot…

fuck man. how did i already know exactly what this was gonna be. and then my father in law came over and tried to argue against discs too.

The real heat is in the comments. Lots of self-identified industry people bemoaning that customers come in looking for disc brakes on their bike. They must have been tricked by the pernicious and all-powerful bike industry into not wanting to replace their rims every two years, or into wanting reliable stopping power in all conditions.

What’s weird is that, unlike what apparently happened to the commenters, no one ever came to be house and made me replace all my rim bikes with disc brake bikes.

No, my name is Rob.

Oh shit

Pretty into this

Wow, exceedingly interested in that. I’ve fallen in love with the bars.

that’s fucking terrific — beat Surly at their own game

the smart spec on all the weird stuff needed makes it only a $700 premium over the frameset http://www.jonesbikes.com/jones-steel-plus-swb-diamond-frame-with-unicrown-fork/

REALLY got to clean up those cables for product shots GOD DAMN.

Was super-excited to see the specs on that bike. Kinda wish he would have spec’d some entry-level Shimano wet brakes, but Jones gonna Jones.

Oh shit[/quote]
What am I looking at?

Shitstain