bike jocks road and track 2014/15 thread

you guys racing soon?

out here, early birds are coming up on sunday

also don’t google search bike jock at work

Early Bird on the 5th will be my first race. Watch me get dropped. Haven’t done any intensity in over a month.

Will probably be photographing San Bruno Hill Climb on the 1st.

[quote=dema]Early Bird on the 5th will be my first race. Watch me get dropped. Haven’t done any intensity in over a month.

Will probably be photographing San Bruno Hill Climb on the 1st though.[/quote]

hey, see you there! we’ll be in the same field if you’re doing the 8:30 AM race. I doubt you’ll get dropped, I’m sure the pace will be easier than your usual group rides.

I might show up on my CX bike. Are dick brakes allowed?
If not I’ll be on pinkie.

Discs not allowed in road racing, Milin.

Raced less than 10 times last year total. Feels bad man. But babby is best kind of excuse.

Back on paleo and training this week. Pretty stoked for that. Can’t really up mileage much until spring cause babby daddy duties but looking to make a slow steady build towards late may. Hit June at 149lbs (closer to 165 right now) and ready to rock n roll.

First for me will be Cal Aggie Crit in Sac on the 25th. Same course as Land Park Crit in another month or so, it’s one of my favorite crit courses. Should have a solid showing from the team, and I’ll definitely be working for my housemate/teammate/tarckbro since he’s won that race in the past and hopefully hasn’t eaten too much bacon in the last few months… (cough cough)

Should be a solid race of remembering how to position, covering attacks, and getting in the leadout train at the end. Which will be good since my top end is nonexistent currently as I’m just getting back on the bike after a month’s break due to patellar tendonitis. Good thing I kept racing/training through October and never took too long off the bike, as fitness isn’t too far gone.

Month off x holiday collabo ruined hopes of losing a bit of extra baggage early, but I’m only ~8lb away from where I’d like to be racing come June and was PR’ing climbs before the knee thing so power at least was on point. I tend to have a hard time keeping weight on come race season so not too worried about getting down to ~155, and pretty excited since I had fitness to be competitive last season.

If any Nor Cal bros want to race Cal Aggie and need a couch to crash on, hit me/Misogynisticus up.

Whoa yea Land Park was fun last year, I’d be down to do Cal Aggie. My teammate got 2nd in the 5’s last year, I’ll see if he’s up for doing it with me. My positioning and bike handling was terribad last time and I had to jump hard out of every corner to catch a wheel again. I think I’m getting better at taking sharper corners at speed and not being afraid of proximity to other riders, so it should be a blast this time around. The 4’s race isn’t that early so I might just drive up in the morning, but maybe beers or something after?

Not peaking or anything right now for obvious reasons, but threshold is coming along nicely. I’m above last summer’s best 20m numbers. We did some scratch races the other day and I was hanging with guys I considered much faster than me before. Weight isn’t as low as I want it to be, was 148-150 before the holidays, now seeing 150-152 :frowning: Gonna be tricky to get it down under 145 but i’ll keep at it.

I’m doing good on the weight front. 160 this morning.

I’ve gotten down to 148-150 before, but wasn’t recovering well from workouts. And apparently I looked gross. Power to weight PR for 20 minutes is at 155.

mother of god. FTP set at 226 :frowning: indoor power test. used the sufferfest rubber glove video to help me pace.
What the fuck happened to me?
Got fat and slow, that’s what.

I’ll be crying in the slow corner, y’all.

half because fuck that hurt and the other half because I sucked so much.

Base miles mode engaged. Racing starts end of February.

^I’m with Roundabout.

Jan 25th at Landpark. Cal Aggie Crit.
Probably one of my favorite courses, I’ve either won (2), crashed out (2), or mechanical’d (1) every time I’ve raced it. It seems like it’s always a little rainy and everybody has new slippery tires.

Just started doing threshold work last week after a monstrous few months of base. Was pleasantly surprised how well I performed at ANT immediately after base. Hoping as form comes in I can get to goal w/kg and start winning more races. I’m tired of bunch sprints, I want something romantic. Solo’ing in after a race of attrition. swoon

20 min test yesterday @ 289w! New PR for me, my best last summer was 268

So stoked :smiley:

Still kinda fat though, damn holidays

[quote=BabbyMatt]20 min test yesterday @ 289w! New PR for me, my best last summer was 268

Still kinda fat though, damn holidays[/quote]

What’s your diet like? Still eating bread and sugar?

u gaiz r crazy

Racing this year in collegiate as well as normal cats. Need to work on a training plan but school and riding for work makes it difficult.

[quote=halbritt][quote=BabbyMatt]20 min test yesterday @ 289w! New PR for me, my best last summer was 268

Still kinda fat though, damn holidays[/quote]

What’s your diet like? Still eating bread and sugar?[/quote]

been eating whatever looked good, it was the holidays!

now i’m trying to eat smart again. been using the “beer is a good recovery drink” excuse lots lately though, should cut that out…

did a few drills with the team in small groups yesterday of “catch the rabbit, then win the 5 lap scratch race”, with 1 rider going out with a 15 second head start and 4 chasers working together. won 1 sprint in a strong group, timed a half lap flyer too early in the 3rd and got caught just before the line, and then calf-cramped on the 4th sprint for 2nd after forcing the other guy to lead me out. overall feeling pretty hot. better not fucking crash on sunday

You going to race in Belgium this year?

Matt, forgot to mention that the plan for the year also included not crashing. Try to stick to it.

Man, I am so, so, so, so slow right now. Like, same level as my 9.5-hour century self of two years ago. Apparently gaining 5 pounds is a real game changer. :frowning:

1 Like